What age to start using eye cream?

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I read a magazine saying to use extra eye cream on top of your moisturizer at night but I was wondering what age is it necessary to use eye cream? Does starting early help puffiness/dark circles in the future? I am in my 20s and am not sure if I want to add another product to my regimen.

it is because the area around the eye is more delicate. you want to keep it super moisturized which keeps the skin supple thus lines aren't able to set in.

if you are 21 maybe you can wait, but if you're 26+, i'd definitely add it to the mix.

i think i started around 23 or so?

I'm 22 and I just got my first eye cream. I've been using it for a week or two and my undereye circles actually look a little lighter! I think early 20's is a good time to start. :smile:

I'm 19 & I use a Boscia eye gel occasionally. It's not anti-aging, just preventive (such as dark circles, puffiness). I'm looking to switch to Clinique's All About Eyes Rich eventually. I wouldn't touch the anti-aging stuff 'til later... but I do have some fine lines (genetics, perhaps?).

I think you should start using a basic eye cream in your early 20s, I dont think it needs to be something anti aging just something to moisturise the area. I think its even more important to use eye cream if you are regularly applying under eye concealer, eyeliner etc. because you might be tugging at the delicate skin.