Popincourt Haut Wearing OUT!

Viaggiare

O.G.
May 9, 2007
So I have a Popincourt Haut and it's only about 2 years old and the leather trim around the edges is wearing down and becoming ragged at the bottom corners. Can this be repaired by LV and what would be the procedure ... how long, how much? Has anyone else had this problem?

My Mom has one, after only one year, of careful use, the bottom corners vachetta ripped and tore, horrible!! think the leather around the bag is too too thin. Anyhooo, she took it to LV in Seattle, they replaced all the trim leather for no charge, no she rarely uses it now because she is so afraid it will happen again. I think it is just how they are, really too bad, such a darling LV!!

So I guess I'll answer my own question. I took the bag in today and it'll cost $160 to replace the edging on both sides of the bag and yes, the leather will be lighter. It'll take 4 to 6 weeks.

Sorry I did not check back this posting, I am surprised that LV is charging you, if I remember right, seems like they had my Mom's Pop for about 3wks. and the leather was of course brand new and lighter, but she is very happy with the fine job they did.

So the deal is that if the bag is less than 1 year old they will repair any defect. Evidently mine is considered normal wear! It's only 2 years old ... and I don't use it all that much. The leather around the edges is very thin and the corners take the brunt of any wear. It's a poor design in retrospect.

So I have a Popincourt Haut and it's only about 2 years old and the leather trim around the edges is wearing down and becoming ragged at the bottom corners. Can this be repaired by LV and what would be the procedure ... how long, how much? Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, you were charged because of the age of the bag. $160 isn't bad though, and if the light color of the trim really bothers you, you can always let your piece sit out in the light, or use a little saddle soap on a clean, white cloth. Either method will speed up the "aging" process. That's what I did when I had the chaps on my Mono Deauville replaced, and when I had chaps added to my Keepall 55 (to make using a shoulder strap easier).

Good Luck!

I went in today to pick up my repaired Popincourt Haut and what a disappointment. The new leather was not sewn on very neatly and all four bottom corners were crooked. I asked them to do it over so I guess it'll be another month. For $160 I expected better than that! Is this typical?

I went in today to pick up my repaired Popincourt Haut and what a disappointment. The new leather was not sewn on very neatly and all four bottom corners were crooked. I asked them to do it over so I guess it'll be another month. For $160 I expected better than that! Is this typical?

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that. You are doing the right thing. Make sure you love it before you take it back.

I'll probably not buy another LV bag after this. It was disappointing how quickly this bag wore out on the corners. Now I'm worried about my LV luggage, Hampstead GM, Mussette, wallets, bags ... all the rest. I'm afraid to use them! LV is losing a good customer for sure.

My Mom has one, after only one year, of careful use, the bottom corners vachetta ripped and tore, horrible!! think the leather around the bag is too too thin. Anyhooo, she took it to LV in Seattle, they replaced all the trim leather for no charge, no she rarely uses it now because she is so afraid it will happen again. I think it is just how they are, really too bad, such a darling LV!!

I was in LV botique last week and looking into buying popincourt but the SA says they dont have them only the small one good thing because i might have bought it if they have them good to know seems like its easily damage

I'll probably not buy another LV bag after this. It was disappointing how quickly this bag wore out on the corners. Now I'm worried about my LV luggage, Hampstead GM, Mussette, wallets, bags ... all the rest. I'm afraid to use them! LV is losing a good customer for sure.

you mention you have mussette is that salsa mussette i have a question I have one its given to me by a friend 6 or 7 yrs ago back then not familiar with the brand and the back is upside down but I couldnt find a code but the strap is already patina can you tell me if there is code on your mussette