Epi Owners: Do you have bumps in your leather?

iamsmilin

Sweetness
Sep 24, 2008
In August as a birthday/baby present my mom bought me a Epi Bagatelle PM. I went on maternity leave shortly after I got the bag and since I was planning to use it for work, I only started using it last month. I noticed a wierd bump in the leather and it actually feels like a small pebble or something got sewn in between the leather. I don't know if you can really tell with these pictures, but here it is.

photo-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

My question is, is this a defect in the bag? Should I take it back or am I being totally anal? If I do take it to the store, will they do anything or just say tough luck? I'm just disappointed that the bag has such a wierd thing on it. I can live with it but I will always be looking at it.

Thanks for the help!

From what I read in other leather care threads, this is in the leather. When the hide is prepared it's stretched out and sometimes bumps appear when the leather settle. It's not always visible until after some time too. It's individual for each bag if and where this will appear. I would take it to the store and ask. :yes:

I'm updating this in case anyone else comes across this issue. I took the bag in and showed it to the SA who was really sweet! She said she had never seen this problem before and took it in for a repair. Their leather goods manager expert came in today and couldn't decide what to do with it so they are taking pictures of the bag and will send it to quality workshop for review. The SA said if they can't fix it they will most likely replace the top flap.

I'm updating this in case anyone else comes across this issue. I took the bag in and showed it to the SA who was really sweet! She said she had never seen this problem before and took it in for a repair. Their leather goods manager expert came in today and couldn't decide what to do with it so they are taking pictures of the bag and will send it to quality workshop for review. The SA said if they can't fix it they will most likely replace the top flap.

Oops! I didnt see this when I posted! Have they gotten back to you yet?

Oh wow this is so weird. I had the exact same thing happen to my Blue Nuit Wilshire Boulevard. I had a big ole bump appear on the bottom of my bag. It just appeared one day for no apparent reason. It was almost like an air pocket had formed. Luckily they just exchanged it for a new one.

I have two bumps on one of my damier speedy handles. :oh:
Are they also in the leather or did they appear due to the shape of the handle? The second handle is perfectly smooth, though.

It doesn't really bother me and I didn't want to open a new thread for this. But I still thought I'd ask. Hope that's okay!

Ok, so I FINALLY have an update. I called the store after about a month and they said they had no news on the back. I called back at month two and they said the same thing. It was coming up to 3 months and I was getting pretty frustrated. I called and asked an SA about it. They needed to ask the leather goods manager and would call me back in a little while; no call back. Repeat this two days in a row and you can imagine how frustrated I was getting.

I finally get a really nice lady and she promised to call back with a message, even if she had no news. She told me that the leather goods manager was gone and would be back the next day. The leather goods manager, Sandra, finally called me back about the bag. Asked me what was wrong with it. I told her and realized they never sent the bag anywhere! I was shocked. Sandra said it was definately a defect and she would just give me a new bag. Instead, I asked to exchange the bag and she agreed.

I have to say it was a very frustrating experience but in the end I ended up getting exactly what I wanted. Sandra was really nice and that made up for it. If you end up with something like this in your bag, take it back.

I'm glad it turned out alright with an exchange, but that's terrible it sat in the shop for 3 months. The original SA dealing with you did not keep on top of it at all!

I have the "pebble" issue with my leather Coach wallet, I wish I'd returned it when I first noticed it early. Every time I use it, I can feel a little marred point on an otherwise beautiful patina...how annoying!

From what I read in other leather care threads, this is in the leather. When the hide is prepared it's stretched out and sometimes bumps appear when the leather settle. It's not always visible until after some time too. It's individual for each bag if and where this will appear. I would take it to the store and ask. :yes:

Hi! Can u give me an opinion on mylockme bb? Do you think that's what happened with bag? I'm so sad and disappointed. The bag is pristine except the bottom piece

Attachments

• received_681819225719900.jpeg
    received_681819225719900.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 106