Food Asparagus Makes Your Pee Smell!!

shushopn

I Feel Pretty!
O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I remembered hearing this a long time ago but forgot all about it. I ate a whole bunch of it earlier and was unpleasantly reminded of it!! For a second I thought I had some horrible yeast infection down there!:P
Gross, but I had to share...

Congratulations ... that means you have the asparagus urine gene. ;) Surprisingly, not everyone has it. Some of the people reading this are probably wondering what the heck you're talking about. ;)

Congratulations ... that means you have the asparagus urine gene. ;) Surprisingly, not everyone has it. Some of the people reading this are probably wondering what the heck you're talking about. ;)

Are you kidding? Is that a real thing? I've never met anyone that DIDN'T get stinky urine from asparagus!

lol i've been partial to grilled asparagus lately, and i have the gene! my boyfriend farts in front of me, so i sent him a text message yesterday about my stinky asparagus pee.

Oy, that smell put me off asparagus entirely while I was pregnant. (Pregnancy for many women makes gives them a sense of smell like a bloodhound.) It took about 5 years after my son was born before I could eat asparagus again.

i never knew about it until my sister mentioned that she likes asparagus but won't eat too much because it makes her pee smell... i had no idea what she was talking about at the time (this was several years ago).

i have eaten lots of asparagus, but my pee doesn't smell any different. so i guess i must not have this gene. i seriously thought my sister was weird, until i found out other people had this problem too. LOL