Mulberry Price Increase

I have had issues with Mulberry quality too....... the inking on my Roxanne handle peeled after 2 uses, it was sent back for repair and happened again straight away. They then swapped it for a new one.
My brand new oak Bays had incomplete inking around the front and had to be repaired straight away and my hardly used choc bays had the stitching coming away from the handle and is being repaired at the moment. Not good for bags that all cost over £500!

A lot of the bags are now quite pricey and may put me off buying in the future!

Five of my brand new Mulberry bags (bought myself, in store) have had faults .. not really acceptable when paying such prices.

I have had a few issues with Mulberry - inc my bag they lost & have never even bothered to get back to me about - so my patience is wearing quite thin.

It is such a shame I keep falling in love with their bags ... I try not to ... but I cant help it!! :nuts:

The problem is, even with their price increases, for the quality of leather and workmanship, Mulberry is still a "very good deal". I wont get on my soapbox, but dont even get me started on Chanel!!! PI after PI and quality going down rapidly, its like they want to just up the prices for elitism - 2010 is going to be my year to move away from Chanel - Mulberry ofcourse have their own problems, but CS do seem to respond and rectify well, which is important.

Hi everyone!

I am in the States and have been lusting after an Alexa for quite some time (either OS oak leopard or OS black lambskin, and I am leaning towards the latter). That said, does anyone have any pricing information for the black lambskin Alexa that is supposedly appearing in the UK in March?

I am saving up for this bag, and would love to know what my target goal is! (For either size, in pounds or US dollars - I would appreciate any info...I have contacted Mulberry directly about this but no luck so far). :sad:

Thanks in advance!! :flowers:

It looks like it will be roughly $1600 from the conversion rate. That does not sound right. Why don't you call Mulberry Customer Service on Monday and inquire.

Thanks, Liz! They don't seem to answer emails all that quickly at Mulberry (but maybe I'm just impatient since I am stalking this bag) so I may just call...

And your Alexa and new Bal are gorgeous. :drool:

It does indeed. I am a black bag fan I must say. I don't know if it is just the picture or not but it looks a little less slouchy than other Alexas that I've seen?
But....the price is rather gorgeous too!!!

I'm in the U.S., where the price of a new NVT Bayswater is $950 (642 British pounds) on Mulberry.com and other sites. At Harrods.com, a chocolate NVT Bayswater is currently listed at 595 British pounds ($880), a price that includes VAT, which I would be refunded (according to their website) for a purchase outside the UK (about $120). This effectively lowers the price of the bag to $760.

Am I missing something here? It seems like I can save about $200 (20%) just by ordering from Harrods rather than Mulberry US. Has anyone tried doing this? Does it work?