Got a bag om ebay, but delivery confirmation seems off.

brookeab

Oct 28, 2009
Ive been doing ebay for years, and last week I purchased a bag that I have really been wanting. The seller is NOT very good on keeping up with communication on her part, but she did finally update paypal with a delivery confirmation number. I've been looked at it for a few days now, and this is what I get

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 27, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Usually, the DC number at least tells me that the package was accepted at a post office and it gives the time. Sometimes there is no other information until it gets delivered to me, but this number isn't even telling me it was accepted anywhere. I ordered another item a few days later, and that tracking number already has 3 updates. I emailed the seller asking if she just notified the P.O that my package would be dropped off, or if she really has sent it. I got no response.

Has anyone ever had their DC numbers not get updated?

This means the postage was printed on the 27th. It does not indicate that the PO has received it yet, or that PO is being lazy and not scanning the package.

I have had this happen a few times with items. I get the postage print notification and the item has never updated until it was delivered to my house.

So the seller has either not actually taken it to the PO or the PO has it but has not scanned it and may not until it gets to your door.

Hopefully it shows up to your home soon. Did you pay for priority mail shipping?

Recently I have had this happen with 4 out of 5 boxes I was expecting....I am wondering what is going on with USPS...seems to me its the new standard or something!!

The tracking updated AFTER I received the box!!

This means the postage was printed on the 27th. It does not indicate that the PO has received it yet, or that PO is being lazy and not scanning the package.

I have had this happen a few times with items. I get the postage print notification and the item has never updated until it was delivered to my house.

So the seller has either not actually taken it to the PO or the PO has it but has not scanned it and may not until it gets to your door.

Hopefully it shows up to your home soon. Did you pay for priority mail shipping?

I did pay for priority, 15.35 i think it was. I would just like the seller to answer my questions. I sent her an email after I paid asking is she could let me know when she sends it off, and she never replied until I got a notification from paypal that she added a DC number. Now when I ask her about shipping, I still get nothing. Her listing said she would answer all questions, but I guess not! I'm hoping it shows up this week.

I would definitely leave negative feedback regarding her communication once you receive the bag!

I wouldn't leave negative feedback. That seems too much. This happened to me when I mailed out some stuff. If the seller just dropped the packages in the post office mail box instead of the post office, chances are they aren't getting scanned until it's delivered.

I sell often and this is always what comes up when you track the package until it is in the system. Then, it changes to "this item was accepted..." etc.

I always use package pickup from USPS. If I print a shipping label on the 27th, that means I have requested package pickup on the 28th. It will not get into USPS' system until that night, after they've picked it up.

You have nothing to worry about!

As for leaving a negative...uh, no. That is totally inappropriate. You can certainly leave less than 5 stars in the sellers' DSR's regarding communication but leaving a negative is not for situations like this. I'm assuming the seller considered the DC email from PayPal confirmation that the item has been shipped.

ETA: now that I think about it, USPS doesn't always update when the package is in their posession. Sometimes it takes a day or two.

Online "Delivery confirmation" is not tracking, it's only supposed to show when the item is delivered.
If one walks into the post office, hands the package to the clerk and she scans the item in, then it will show where it's accepted into the system. Otherwise, the sender may have the package picked up by the post office (along with other packages), hand it to the postman, leave the package at a designated place for packages in the post office, all where the package will not be scanned into the system until a later time, sometimes it's not scanned until it's delivered.

However this does not excuse the seller from answering your email and questions. He should have answered you right away. But he/she may have thought that since he entered, and you can see, the delivery confirmation number now, he did answer in his own way, who knows (?)

I sell often and this is always what comes up when you track the package until it is in the system. Then, it changes to "this item was accepted..." etc.

I always use package pickup from USPS. If I print a shipping label on the 27th, that means I have requested package pickup on the 28th. It will not get into USPS' system until that night, after they've picked it up.

You have nothing to worry about!

As for leaving a negative...uh, no. That is totally inappropriate. You can certainly leave less than 5 stars in the sellers' DSR's regarding communication but leaving a negative is not for situations like this. I'm assuming the seller considered the DC email from PayPal confirmation that the item has been shipped.

ETA: now that I think about it, USPS doesn't always update when the package is in their posession. Sometimes it takes a day or two.

I would never leave a negative just because communication was lacking! I plan on giving here 1 star on the communication area, though. The only way I would ever leave a negative is if the sellers item was not described accurately and they aren't willing to work with me, or if I never get a package at all and they aren't willing to do a refund. I've never had to leave a negative feedback before for a seller, and I have over 1,000 feedbacks on ebay.

I just wanted to get some advice from you ladies because I have never really had this happen before. I won't worry about it, thanks a lot for all your help guys!

If you print with PP, USPS does not scan the package until delivery. Any scan between the time the label was printed and it is delivered is coutesy.

They have been scanning more and more stuff but it is not a given.

Once she ships it she can't really help except to say it was dropped off.

Depending on the method used, it can take up to 21 days. Also add in the snowstorms in the middle of the country and it could take even longer if it is going ground.

I was responding to HandbagsGalore response requesting you leave a neg. I think far too many buyers are quick to leave negative fb for the wrong reasons.

I'm glad to hear you don't share their point of view. :smile:

I kind of though that, but thought I would add my own thoughts in. :smile:

I shipped a bag of my own to someone in KY (im in oregon) on the 25th of January with priority mail and they got it on the 27th. when I type that DC number into USPS I get 7 updates on where the package has been through its journey.

I paid for priority and it says it was sent that way. Hopefully it shows up this week, the seller still hasn't contacted me. I just wanted to know when they dropped it off. I guess we will see!