Hatred of the Out Laws - do you have one?!?

Your son will not die from eating a piece of food that has been dropped on the floor....It's not that big of a deal.

...To me, it sounds like the big problem that you are having is you. Sure, if she was a miserable ***** for the past 20 years (how old are you anyway???) then I can understand that you two may not have the best relationship...But if she is now making a genuine effort to patch up the relationship - then I say you need to grow up and act like an adult. What does your husband say to all of this?? Is it okay with him that you are keeping his (they're not only your children) away from his mother???

Your expecting a child? So are you saying that you don't mind if someone fed this poor child food from the floor. I hate to have a mother like you!

if you're this argumentative and defensive with your mother-in-law, i can see why she doesn't particularly like you. if you don't want honest opinions, don't put your problems out for everyone to read and comment on.

please don't be condescending or rude to our other members, they're just trying to be helpful and honest.

hmm, when your married your husband, you married his entire family. I think MILs might be a bit jealous when there sons marry women because some of the shine is taken away from them etc.However,there is no need to call someone a ***** and talk so low of your family members. Just take the higher road. In my culture, I rarely find any women who calls her in laws a ***** or low class. Thats just disrespectful. In Islam, We believe that heaven lies at our mothers feet ( mother aswell as mother In law) god forbid, I EVER treat my MIL like some piece of trash.

hmm, when your married your husband, you married his entire family. I think MILs might be a bit jealous when there sons marry women because some of the shine is taken away from them etc.However,there is no need to call someone a ***** and talk so low of your family members. Just take the higher road. In my culture, I rarely find any women who calls her in laws a ***** or low class. Thats just disrespectful. In Islam, We believe that heaven lies at our mothers feet ( mother aswell as mother In law) god forbid, I EVER treat my MIL like some piece of trash.

Well said..:yes:

KK.. i think u should try to think long run for your kids.. be nice or TRY to be nice so ur kids learn to be nice to you when they get married and u have a daughter inlaw..no matter how evil is ur mother in law.. She is a "mother" of your husband and share the blood of your kids.. its not fair to cut her out from her grandsons/granddaughters.. goodluck in doing the right thing:shame:

Why do you seem to take this comment so seriously, does it hit home for you?!?

You seem to be bitter and angry, and proud of being that way. If you are posting here in order for other people to validate your attitude (by saying "yes, KK, you're doing a great job, be as mean to the b:cursing: as you like") You'll get agreers and naysayers. Giving attitude to the people on this forum who don't agree with your choices doesn't create a good impression of you.

I did nothing to deserve the emotional treatment she has given me. She has been nothing but disrepectful to me so respect has to be given inorder to be earned. I have take this for 20 years and now has finally I have finally had it.

if you're this argumentative and defensive with your mother-in-law, i can see why she doesn't particularly like you. if you don't want honest opinions, don't put your problems out for everyone to read and comment on.

please don't be condescending or rude to our other members, they're just trying to be helpful and honest.

READ those posts again, I am being argumentative and defensive because these people are being rude to me. Wouldn't you be HON!?! These are not honest opinions they are giving. What you don't stand up for yourself?

You seem to be bitter and angry, and proud of being that way. If you are posting here in order for other people to validate your attitude (by saying "yes, KK, you're doing a great job, be as mean to the b:cursing: as you like") You'll get agreers and naysayers. Giving attitude to the people on this forum who don't agree with your choices doesn't create a good impression of you.

Yeah, whatever. It is so easy to criticize when they haven't walked in those shoes.

Well said..:yes:

KK.. i think u should try to think long run for your kids.. be nice or TRY to be nice so ur kids learn to be nice to you when they get married and u have a daughter inlaw..no matter how evil is ur mother in law.. She is a "mother" of your husband and share the blood of your kids.. its not fair to cut her out from her grandsons/granddaughters.. goodluck in doing the right thing:shame:

Yes, I do understand your point but right now, it is very hard to deal with this woman at this moment. Unfortunately she has done so much damage that it needs alot of work to repair. Thank you for your advice.

^ARGH...I have read EVERY post and I MYSELF have a much worse situation with PArents rather than INLAWS.Yet....I bite my tongue,just so my child can KNOW her grandparents and EVENTUALLY draw her own conclusions.We arent saying that you are completely wrong.Its just that you are coming across VERY strong and VERY harsh.Perhaps its not intentional..BUT no matter who we have as family..Good and BAD..They will ALWAYS be FAMILY..whether you like them or not.
Trust me ..I came from a family that would make your hair curl....a Mother that ignores one of my daughters and completely dotes on another.But I bite my tongue and deal with it.It sucks.But she is my mother.I have a mother in law that I adore,So my situation is a tad different.But FAMILY IS FAMILY.PERIOD.Your husband will RESENT you if you avoid his mom..TRY hard to deal with her..OR just keep your contact minimal..BUT dont exclude her from your childs life.Its really NOT the right thing to do..As much as I admit..I have once taken that route..It was wrong.

READ those posts again, I am being argumentative and defensive because these people are being rude to me. Wouldn't you be HON!?! These are not honest opinions they are giving. What you don't stand up for yourself?

No one is being rude to you, in all of these posts members are giving their honest opinion on your rant. I have been a member for about a year,and most of these ladies on this board are very kind,and nice. Its clear that you are upset, please resepect others members opinions,just because you dont agree it doesnt give you the freedom to give sarcastic,rude responses to people who nay you. Your family clearly needs therapy,and this is a forum that gives retail handbag therapy,not pscyotherapy!.

Calling someone's parenting skills into question after they tell you they're not going to die from eating food off the floor is really not necessary.

But, honestly, I wouldn't like someone doing that, either. You can't really implement the 'five second rule' at someone else's house.

Yes, she drives you crazy, but she is your children's grandmother. She's your husband's mother. (If you're really not that comfortable with her being alone with the children, have your husband bring them over.)

I'm not married yet, but my own mother drives me crazy. Without getting into it, I'm at the point where I know I love her, but I just don't like her very much right now.
I don't completely cut her out of my life, but I deal with her only when it's absolutely necessary. I avoid talking about the things I know are sore spots with us. (And it helps that I live in a different country now.)