Venting and unsure

crisn11

Nov 16, 2006
Soo many of you know i purchased a PST in beige clair and received it last week but it had a pin sized hole on the side as well is the sides looking like they were smooshed. i shipped it back and opted for the off white color 10800 with silver hardware and received it a little while ago. While there are no holes or smooshing on the bag the edges of the caviar look worn..it also doesn't feel like my jumbo caviar which is a lot harder. Am I being crazy? is the caviar of the PST different than on my Jumbo? Also the box does not have a sticker on it...help me please

Hi,

I think you possibly received a new pst with the newer caviar. All the new caviar bags will be a lot softer from now on and more washed. They are no longer making the stiff caviar we all love =(. I just bought a jumbo and the caviar is softer too. There were no more stiff jumbos in black with gold left. Kind of sucks with all the price increases as well. Crossing fingers for you.

does anyone have a pic comparison..I mean I got my jumbo in October of last year. Not that long ago and the caviar is not washed at all. All help and info is appreciated.

^^Ugh I don't know what to do..i just got the Jumbo a few mths ago, and i got a woc for xmas both are black. I wanted to make a purchase before the increase and the PST was the right price for me. If i exchange what can i get for a similar price?

Hi, It's funny you posted this thread. Last week I called the 800# and asked about the new black jumbo caviars that are releasing now if the caviar is going to be softer than last seasons caviar. She told me that only the seasonal caviar bags are going to be the softer leather and none of the classics. They want to introduce the softer caviar little by little to see how well people like it. It is not the same caviar that they had out last year (like my fuchsia jumbo). It is going to be in between the stiff ridgid leather and the super soft caviar like the fuchsia. So when I get my new black caviar jumbo..I'll see the comparison between the two. I can't wait to get my new jumbo. It should be here any day now :smile:

Hi, It's funny you posted this thread. Last week I called the 800# and asked about the new black jumbo caviars that are releasing now if the caviar is going to be softer than last seasons caviar. She told me that only the seasonal caviar bags are going to be the softer leather and none of the classics. They want to introduce the softer caviar little by little to see how well people like it. It is not the same caviar that they had out last year (like my fuchsia jumbo). It is going to be in between the stiff ridgid leather and the super soft caviar like the fuchsia. So when I get my new black caviar jumbo..I'll see the comparison between the two. I can't wait to get my new jumbo. It should be here any day now :smile:

My mom just got the red cells tote and it's caviar but it's super soft..not at all like my jumbo. The pst i received today was exactly like you said, somewhere in between and I'm guessing it is because this color might not be a permanent color..you helped me a lot just now by at least identifying which caviar it is..thank you!:flowers:

I got a caviar tote in the washed caviar about a month ago and it came looking like there was a little wear on the bottom edges too. I think it's normal because I have been noticing it on several bags. The washed also scratches, unlike the really hard caviar. Only flaps come in the 2 piece box and my tote box did not have a sticker either.