Uhm ... need interpretation please?

oh Kou, so sorry to hear about this trouble again with your SA... maybe change to a new store or something.... if is your money so don't deal with mean ppl... you deserve better.

kou, I don't think the SA was implying that you didn't spend enough money. Perhaps the SA just wants you to wait until it is closer to Feb. in case you change your mind.

As for SO's, I was told by my SA that it was coming and like someone else said on here, when I buy things, she will talk about how it will go with the birkin that is coming.

kou, I don't think the SA was implying that you didn't spend enough money. Perhaps the SA just wants you to wait until it is closer to Feb. in case you change your mind.

As for SO's, I was told by my SA that it was coming and like someone else said on here, when I buy things, she will talk about how it will go with the birkin that is coming.
Yep, I agree. Sometimes, bags just pop up without being on the inventory list. So, if nothing pops up between now and February, then they will probably place your order.

Kou, you don't need to spend any more money in there and I don't think your SA meant that at all. Actually, your friend is the only one I've ever heard of that placed an order and has not heard anything about it from her SA or the manager.

This is what's confusing me. Last time I was actually there with my friend and the SA would try to push something onto my friend for her to buy by saying, "Oh you know what, this would go with the xxx you SO-ed!" or she'd say, "Gosh I hope your SO comes soon!" or something like that. So in my friend's case, they do say things like that. However, whenever my friend asks about her SO, they'd always tell her Paris hadn't said no but they hadnt heard anything else from Paris either.

What to make of that? I don't want myself to be in the same position if they do miraculously decide to supposedly "place an order" for me.

Kou, you don't need to spend any more money in there and I don't think your SA meant that at all. Actually, your friend is the only one I've ever heard of that placed an order and has not heard anything about it from her SA or the manager.

I asked my SA about the situation as well as possibility of placing croc order. She didn't say yes, but she explained how it supposedly works. She said if I can place an order, I cannot specify the type of croc, it's whatever Paris has available in the color I want. Also, it may not come for years even after the order was placed because they have to wait for a confirmation from Paris (same story she gave my friend who placed the SO). She then said I may have to wait YEARS for the croc to grow to the desired size:confused1: (I'd imagine they would already have crocs that are grown).

When I asked her if there were people who were still waiting after their orders were placed, she said yes. She said there were quite a few ppl in the store who had placed their orders more than 4 years ago but still hadn't gotten a confirmation to this day. It just doesn't make sense to me. Then again, most things at SCP don't make sense to me. Sometimes I feel pretty offended because I felt like they weren't telling me everything and that they felt they could get away with it ...

Hi KOU!
When I SO'd my Black Birkin I did not receive "official confirmation", but was just notified when it arrived. I've since SO'd again and haven't heard anything official except my SA will say things like, "your new bag will be great with this...".

(This is not at SCP)

Aside from that info, I wanted to tell you to just switch SA's. Everything you have bought is already in their computer system, so you will not be starting from scratch and just find an SA that is nice and eager to please you and start working with that person from now on. I recently did this at SCP and have since been very pleased with my treatment even finally being offered bags from "THE BACK" which had never happened before despite spending thousands of dollars and dropping in monthly.

So stop your heartache and just switch. You are the customer, not them. And by the way, regardless of how much money you spend you should never feel "like you are competing with wealthier people". I can tell you that that is one feeling I have never had with any Hermes staff anywhere and if I did experience it I would swiftly switch SA's because they should never assume ANYONE has little money based on how much they buy or don't buy. Perhaps you just don't have the right fit with your SA. I have had that happen and it is okay, people rub people the wrong way sometimes. Perhaps your SA wants you to switch? Have you thought about it that way? I once had such an abbrasive SA that I immediately switched and then the person was very cordial, I was later told by the new SA that that SA just didn't like babies and I usually had my baby with me so it worked out. Everything is now great. This did not happen at Hermes but at another boutique and I was fine with it. I really think that SA's need to work for us and not the other way around.

^ I whole-heartedly agree. Kou, I'm very sorry about your recent shopping dilemma. I think that maybe you should follow the advice given thus far and maybe think about switching SAs.

Of course you can switch SA's! My heart goes out to you Kou! I know it seems impossible but, it's NOT! Stand up for yourself! If you like that store (where is SCP? Sorry, I don't know all the abrevs.), and you want to stay there, then CHANGE SA's!! The idea of working with the same person is to help YOU not to help THEM! And this SA just sounds wrong for you. I'm not saying they're bad, or unprofessional...it just feels, to me, that the two of you do not communicate with each other. You should never leave a store of Hermes quality and reputation confused, or anxious. It should be a pleasure to walk in the store and buy things.

And the fact that you are having such trouble really concerns me. Please, please, change SA's. NOT to "punish" your current SA, but, for your own comfort. And if you can, discuss this with your current SA. Let them know that although you appreciate their knowledge and passion, you just don't feel like you are working together to get the things you need and that you'd like to try working with someone else in the store--to keep your relationship IN that store. With the amount of money you've dropped there, they should be thrilled to find someone else to keep you there!

My two cents.

I have been able to see a book of the SO's that were accepted at the podium from my store. It actually had a little picture of the bag with the specs (and current price!) next to it and my SA knew it was mine (I wasn't close enough to see if my name was typed in or just penciled next to it). That is how I found out that my Birkin was actually accepted as clemence rather than togo as I had originally requested. It also mentioned that I wanted the white stitching.

I don't know if this is just unique to my store or not, but it seems pretty ridiculous to me that the manager can't tell what was accepted at the podium and what wasn't. What do they go over to Paris for then? They should just fax a list and wait blindly....argh! :smash:

Kou, please get a different store or SA - you shouldn't have to deal with this. I echo everyone else's opinion...YOU are the customer and they should make you happy. Try working directly with the manager! :yes: As always...good luck! :flowers: