Alexander Wang Alexander Wang Chat Thread!

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
Since the AUTH THIS AW thread is continually "off topic" ;), I am starting this thread for any and all CHAT & GENERAL QUESTIONS about Alexander Wang bags, tags, sellers, leathers, etc.

SO.. if it is about AW & does not fit in an existing thread, CHAT about it here!:biggrin:

To post AW bags for Authentication, please post links/photos here http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/authenticate-this-alexander-wang-479457.html

There are also a few other AW threads regarding specific AW styles:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/alexander-wang-coco-duffle-bag-475847.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...g-betty-flap-bag-and-shopper-tote-527804.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/alexander-wang-diego-bucket-496842.html

To continue prior conversation in the AUTH THIS thread...

Originally Posted by golds A classic scam I experienced (many times by different people) is that fake bag sellers pretend to be buyers and ask for receipt and MIC tag, :tdown: :mad:

Originally Posted by boxermomof2 How does that work? I don't understand why that would help them with the scam?
I think it is always a good idea to ask for additional photos for several reasons. One is to see how quickly the seller responds to your email, and another reason would be to see if the seller has the bag on hand.

I think there is always a risk the seller will present photos of an authentic bag, but send a fake. That is why we recommend comparing the bag you receive to the photos provided by the seller.

It is a classic scam, and an attempt to obtain AUTH photos for auctions OR to email to potential buyers to help sell the fakes. Happens all the time, unfortunately.

I'm in love with my new grey denim Brenda bag.:love: Pictured next to my dove grey Rocco. :love::love::love:
DSC00202.jpg

thanks for opening a new thread ELLIE:smile: GREAT IDEA;)

BOXERMOMOF:YOUR AW ARE TDF:woohoo::drinkup:CONGRATS

*F*, dahling, how are you !!?? Yes, well, Swanks, was going to kill us :biggrin: and AW needs a CHATTER thread for MISC MUSINGS, so hope it shall survive. Which AW's do You have/covet?

BMO2... I do like the Brenda style... is this really a denim fabric? I like pockets & the strap is pretty cool.

I am standing on HOLD.... I LURVE the silver studs on the ROCCO.. absolutely TOO COOL, but want that look an a bag w/ LONG strap.. other than a bucket style. AND I like the Donna hobo.
So I am sitting on the fence watching to see what happens in the AW world....;)

Ellie Mae, the grey denim is made of smooth leather, unlike the blue denim
that has a suede like texture. The leather is incredibly soft.:love:
Gotham, I can't say I'm a fan of the small Brenda. It looks like a camera bag. I really like the new Donna luggage color.:supacool: I might pre-order this one.;)

I'm so happy to see Saks carrying AW bags now!:smile: It would be great if I could find AW bags at my local Saks store instead of always hunting them down online.

*F*, dahling, how are you !!?? Yes, well, Swanks, was going to kill us :biggrin: and AW needs a CHATTER thread for MISC MUSINGS, so hope it shall survive. Which AW's do You have/covet?

BMO2... I do like the Brenda style... is this really a denim fabric? I like pockets & the strap is pretty cool.

I am standing on HOLD.... I LURVE the silver studs on the ROCCO.. absolutely TOO COOL, but want that look an a bag w/ LONG strap.. other than a bucket style. AND I like the Donna hobo.
So I am sitting on the fence watching to see what happens in the AW world....;)

That's exactly how I feel too. I LOVE my Coco/Rocco but if there was something similar with a long strap, I don't know if I could control myself. :P A grey Coco/Rocco with gunmetal studs and a long strap (kinda like a City Bbag) would be handbag perfect in my book. :biggrin:

GREAT pair of bags! That Brenda bag looks like it's big enough to carry daily. What do think about it for size, Boxermomof2?

Thanks! I love the size! It's perfect for me because I do not carry a lot. My Rocco bags are kind of large for me and look more slouchy when I carry them because they are so empty. The Brenda comfortably holds my flat wallet clutch, eye glass case, comb, cell phone, and car keys. I know I will use this bag a lot over the summer with shorts and sandals. :smile: I love to carry small bags when I'm shopping, but I think it will be great for travel to carry with a larger tote or duffel.

Here is a modeling pic of the black brenda.

337859_LB.jpg