*CLOSED* Authenticate this REBECCA MINKOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be one of the new MT's. Can you tell us where you got it and show inside pictures too?

Its from eBay and thats the only picture they have unfortunately :sad: I did look it up and theres one that is the same one and doesnt have pockets on the sides like people have said.. What would you look for?

I am looking at an older one (one with pockets on the side?) and I am asking for them for more pictures, so I will post them.. but yeah, what would you look for?

^sometimes the auction sites are where the best deals are at. RM hasn't spread with counterfeits, but tpf is a great resource to get all your bags authenticated regardless of which brand you're buying. :yes:

We need info about the lining, inside pockets, and if there is a metal RM tag inside. Can you get a picture somehow? It's hard to authenticate based on one picture alone.

This is authentic and the newer version of the market tote with strap. I would request more pictures from the seller just to confirm if its leather or nylon. The pic looks like it was taken from a cell phone or in bad lighting. I would ask for pics of the inside nameplate and lining also.:smile:

rmtpbk.png

Thanks!

Its from eBay and thats the only picture they have unfortunately :sad: I did look it up and theres one that is the same one and doesnt have pockets on the sides like people have said.. What would you look for?

I am looking at an older one (one with pockets on the side?) and I am asking for them for more pictures, so I will post them.. but yeah, what would you look for?

people always ask this and there is honestly no easy answer.... there is never one certain thing to look for, rather it is the item as a whole. as you become familiar with a certain designer or style, you know how the hardware, leather, stitching, color, engravings, etc is all supposed to look.
also, counterfeiters are always updating and trying to get as close to the real thing as possible. sometimes small changes or subtle features (like holograms, numbers, specific lettering) by the designers slow down the fakers, but it is only a matter of time before they catch up again. it is always best to get as many clear and detailed pics as possible and post them here for experienced opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.