Why Louis Vuitton

I love LV because...

1) LV is a company that expertise in making luggages/bags. They are known to have superb quality, which doesn't fall apart in 10-20 years. Now if you ask me if I care about carrying an old bag around, I'd tell you no. To me, it's like a pair of jeans, the more you wear it, the more characters it develops.

2) LV has some iconic shapes that appeal me (speedy and papillon), which I can't find from other designers. Even if I do... I don't know... I still like the original LV design better :hysteric:

3) They don't go on sale, so I won't have a heartache when the season's over.

4) I don't have to check if their products are made in China. I'm totally against slave labor and the use of toxic materials.

5) I seriously think that if I have a daughter in the future, she'll inherit all of my LVs. I won't be so sure for other brands. They may have to go to trash.

6) I am in serious deep love with the :heart: blue jean JPG birkin :heart: . I don't have it, I can only dream about it, for maybe who knows... 1,2,3 years, or never? So now, how do I satisfy my current bag addiction :idea:? Therefore, I have no money left for other brands :smile:

7) I think LV has the best looking Monogram.

funny cause dooney & burke jumped on the "multicolor" bandwagon after lv released their MC collection. dooney & burke even called it "limited edition" and came out w/ different bg colors including black/white/red/pink/purple. IMO that's trying WAY TOO HARD just to stay on top of the game. And in this case, failed.

ITA! I never liked the multi color DB bags! :yucky: They actually called them "IT" bags if you can believe that.....more like SH*IT bags if you ask me. Especially thier hearts collection...who are they making these bags for, seriously, 10 yr olds??:wtf: :shrugs: Ahhh, that explains the 'ihatebags' person! We figured you out kiddo!!! ;)

Louis Vuitton has much more to offer than just the Mono line.

I totally agree..anyone who thinks LV doesn't offer variety doesn't really know much about LV. There's something there for everyone be it a certain color, style, pattern, etc.

I personally love LV because of the quality-I know I'll have them for many years to come. Also, I like the fact that it doesn't go on sale. I like knowing that the bag I just bought for $1000 won't be on sale for half price in less than 6 months.

ITA! I never liked the multi color DB bags! :yucky: They actually called them "IT" bags if you can believe that.....more like SH*IT bags if you ask me. Especially thier hearts collection...who are they making these bags for, seriously, 10 yr olds??:wtf: :shrugs: Ahhh, that explains the 'ihatebags' person! We figured you out kiddo!!! ;)

I have a couple of those that my dad bought me when they first came out. I used them all the time and loved them..especially since they have sentimental value (he never really ever bought me any bags so he was really proud when he got them for me).
But to turn it around, there are a lot of people who probably feel the same way about the MC LV bags..that they were made by or for 10 year olds.
I love mine but I know we're partial because we love LV, but there are probably just as many people who feel the same way about the MC LV bags as a lot of people here do about the DB bags.

haha! that's what they were called! omg and i was like wtf? limited edition? why are they coming out with SO MANY???

...I think that the quality of LV surpasses most of the other brands.... In addition, LV is at a level of exclusivity that (in my opinion) is only surpassed by Hermes and the other super luxury brands. This isn't one of my reasons for choosing LV but for some others it may be. The fact that LV never goes on sale, for example, and that the bags hold their value extremely well, can also be additional reasons...
I personally just love its style. It's emblematic, matches with everything, stands for good quality and the finer things in life, and the styles are so cutting edge (there's more to LV than just monogram canvas)...

^^^ITA

Main reason I moved over to LV.

I have a couple of those that my dad bought me when they first came out. I used them all the time and loved them..especially since they have sentimental value (he never really ever bought me any bags so he was really proud when he got them for me).
But to turn it around, there are a lot of people who probably feel the same way about the MC LV bags..that they were made by or for 10 year olds.
I love mine but I know we're partial because we love LV, but there are probably just as many people who feel the same way about the MC LV bags as a lot of people here do about the DB bags.

Sorry, I hope I didn't insult you-didn't meant to!!! You're probably a lot younger than I am (I'm 39 this month) and so I think that's why this style never appealed to me. Sorry again!!! :sad:

Lol no problem, I wasn't really directing it at you anyway, just to everyone in general. Your post was the most related one that was the closest one on the page to quote haha. Actually I'm really not all that much younger (I don't really think so, anyway)..I just turned 21 in November. :yes:

I totally agree..anyone who thinks LV doesn't offer variety doesn't really know much about LV. There's something there for everyone be it a certain color, style, pattern, etc.

I personally love LV because of the quality-I know I'll have them for many years to come. Also, I like the fact that it doesn't go on sale. I like knowing that the bag I just bought for $1000 won't be on sale for half price in less than 6 months.

I love LV because...

1) LV is a company that expertise in making luggages/bags. They are known to have superb quality, which doesn't fall apart in 10-20 years. Now if you ask me if I care about carrying an old bag around, I'd tell you no. To me, it's like a pair of jeans, the more you wear it, the more characters it develops.

2) LV has some iconic shapes that appeal me (speedy and papillon), which I can't find from other designers. Even if I do... I don't know... I still like the original LV design better :hysteric:

3) They don't go on sale, so I won't have a heartache when the season's over.

4) I don't have to check if their products are made in China. I'm totally against slave labor and the use of toxic materials.

5) I seriously think that if I have a daughter in the future, she'll inherit all of my LVs. I won't be so sure for other brands. They may have to go to trash.

6) I am in serious deep love with the :heart: blue jean JPG birkin :heart: . I don't have it, I can only dream about it, for maybe who knows... 1,2,3 years, or never? So now, how do I satisfy my current bag addiction :idea:? Therefore, I have no money left for other brands :smile:

7) I think LV has the best looking Monogram.

:flowers:

I know. I love that when I buy a bag from Louis Vuitton that the retail price will NEVER decrease, although it may increase. LOL.

OK all you Louis Vuitton lovers out there, no tomatoes please. I was wondering why it seems so many obsess over LV. I have two mono bags my self and I like them, but they are not my favorite. I've seen many people with the same pattern but in more styles than I can count. What is it about Louis Vuitton that would make someone want 10+ bags and not much variety of any other brand. Please give me some your thoughts and insight. Thanks

Well why not??!!

:smile: