Recommendations for red lipstick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally only wear lip gloss (juicy tubes) but this Christmas I'd quite like to try a red lipstick (to go with my new gorgeous deep red shoes), but since I don't even own a lipstick :shocked: I wondered if there were any suggestions for which to try?

I'd like a good quality one because I hate having my lips feel dried out, and I don't really like the ones which taste gross or sort of sting the back of your throat.

Any advice appreciated. :yes: Thanks!

PS. I'm blonde with green eyes and a 'warmish' skin tone - in case it's important.

I have MAC -can´t remember the name- it´s one of the new red.
It is quite lasting, but needs re-applying. When you drink it´s all on your glass !!
But the texture is really good, quite soft, and the red is beautiful. We tried many with the make-up artist at MAC, and agreed this was the best for my olive tone skin.

I have MAC -can´t remember the name- it´s one of the new red.
It is quite lasting, but needs re-applying. When you drink it´s all on your glass !!
But the texture is really good, quite soft, and the red is beautiful. We tried many with the make-up artist at MAC, and agreed this was the best for my olive tone skin.

The name of it is Rockocco

Since you're a warm-skinned blonde, if I were going to make you up, I would look for something more toward the rust-red family, almost a deep coral, but a bit muted as opposed to jewel-bright.

It is very easy for super-intense colors to just eat fair skins up. I know we have all seen beautiful pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Gwen Stefani and Scarlett Johanssen, and sometimes they really are wearing a brilliant red, and they are also lit just so, and photographed from a certain angle, and their skins done just so with foundation and powder, and other times, if you saw it in the tube, it would not look nearly as bright as it does on the lips!

I'm sorry to be Debbie Downer on yet another red lipstick thread, but it really is like finding those perfect jeans, and yes, the Perfect Spouse - trial and error, and you gotta look at a lot of wrong ones before you hit that right one!

I swear by Birthday Suit by Benefit for red. It's red, but not matt more like a glossy stain. But it lasts and moisturises. Perfect for day time.

Status
Not open for further replies.