Show me some skin: Let's see your exotics!

ladakini

vintage
O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
I love love love exotics! Alligator, crocodile, python, even salmon. Show off those beauties here.

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours.

A general thread to share a love of exotics.

Gucci python
P4160144.jpg

P4160146.jpg

Vintage alligator
P4060129.jpg

Your turn!

TIA:tender:

Ok, I'm a total dork but...are the treated, or do they FEEL like snakeskin? Ya know....kind of slimy?

Actually snakes don't feel slimy in real life. Some bags have the scales intact, and you can feel the slight roughness of the edges, particularly on snakes with bigger scales like a python.

My Ferragamo python bag has had the edges sanded off so it's smooth, and there is a light coating over the snakeskin for protection. It feels soft, smooshy, and silky.

Python "Eden" clutch by Jalda, with Italian dark brown leather. Love it. ;)

DoreenJ, your clutch is TDF.

Attachments

• Python1TPF.JPG
    Python1TPF.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,719
  • Python back1TPF.JPG
    Python back1TPF.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,814
Last edited:
Gorgeous, gorgeous bags, everyone!

I hope that lionlaw wanders into here, because then she might just post her Jane August bag. It haunts me (in a good way)!!!

Oh well..I will just post it myself, with much thanks to lionlaw for allowing us to drool over her truly amazing bag...

It's a python 57th Street by Jane August:

jane001.jpg

Attachments

• th_jane001.jpg
    th_jane001.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,722
I have this vintage Pierre Cardin, but I dont know what skin it is. Anyone have a suggestion? Someone said maybe lizzard?

Attachments

• Billede120.jpg
    Billede120.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,750
  • Billede123.jpg
    Billede123.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • Billede124.jpg
    Billede124.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,728
  • Billede125.jpg
    Billede125.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,736
  • Billede121.jpg
    Billede121.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,790
^ I can't see all the detail, but I think that is stamped because the pattern repeats. Also the pattern alternates between smaller scales and larger scales without a seam in between. I don't think that could happen so many times on a natural skin. Usually the belly and the top of the animal have larger scales with the sides having smaller scales, and the top would be noticeably different from the belly.

^ I can't see all the detail, but I think that is stamped because the pattern repeats. Also the pattern alternates between smaller scales and larger scales without a seam in between. I don't think that could happen so many times on a natural skin. Usually the belly and the top of the animal have larger scales with the sides having smaller scales, and the top would be noticeably different from the belly.

What does stamped mean?