eBay is driving me NUTS - ever seen this one?

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
As of late, I've had a number of items up on eBay (Jewelry & Handbags). Even though I got TONS of inquiries, the Balenciaga bags didn't sell ... so, I tried to re-list them. When I went to submit the listing, I got the message below. I'm TOTALLY confused!!!! I've been an eBay seller for MANY years; I have a Paypal "PREMIERE" Account!!!!!!!!! I've tried to follow their links, and it appears as though everything is in order ... but yet, I still get this stinkin' message ... WTF?!?!!!?!?!?

Has anyone else run into this and if so, how do you get rid of it? I have send emails to both eBay and Paypal inquiring about this ... but they STILL have not responded ... HELP!!!

Listing of Item Denied

s.gif
s.gif

Attention Sellers:

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
errorSm.gif
Attention Seller:In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. Your eBay account has been restricted from listing this item at this time until you have verified through PayPal.
1) To verify your PayPal account, click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.
2) If you already have a verified PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account.
For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:
Australia | Austria | Belgium - French | Belgium - Dutch | Canada http://www.ebay.com.cn/| France | Germany http://www.ebay.com.hk/| India | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland |http://www.ruten.com.tw/ United Kingdom | United States
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.
Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items

YES!! I went to edit my listing and couldn't because it said I can't list worldwide anymore. It was for an Abercrombie shirt I was selling... I thought they were accusing me of selling fake A&F!! I think there is another thread in the ebay forum addressing the issue of no longer being able to ship to certain international destinations...

I don't think mine is related to International shipments. It appears as though eBay is either limiting the number of listings for a particular 'brand' or isn't allowing me to list the items because I have a number of higher-priced items up. The fact that I don't really know what's going on is a problem in itself; they (eBay) doesn't do the best job in explaining what the heck the problem is!!!!

ebay has set selling limits on sellers who list a lot of deisgner brands. They wont tell you what your limit is. Contact ebay through live help and see what they can do for you so you can have your account reviewed and the limits lifted.

Oh that sucks, so that means now aside from dealing with paypal, sellers who sell high end bags will run into issues with ebay soon :wtf:
not soon, now. If you list a designer brand, you HAVE to be Paypal verified, and have the PP account linked to your eBay account (you don't have to accept PP though as a payment).

You're not allowed to list more than 50 designer items at a time.

You cannot trade with any Asian sellers or buyers, with exception of Japan.

Any violation of any of these you will be shut down or selling account limited.

This happened to me. I finally kept emailing them, for over a week mind you, and now my account is cleared up. First, get verified with paypal if you are not. It's better for the buyer and seller. Also, I suggest this if they aren't responding to your emails. Try to clear your computer cache, restart your computer. Then go to your shipping options and pick custom worldwide shipping. Uncheck Asia and Japan. That is what worked for me. Good luck.

I had some concerns about a listing of mine. I used the Live Chat and talked to a real eBay rep. I gave her my info and she checked the listing for me, told me it was fine. You might want to try the Live Chat avenue and ask the person to check your screen name to ensure you meet the new criteria. Hopefully they can clear you that way.

i believe that ebay is limiting CERTAIN BRANDS to asia. i don't know what you would consider designer but i probably have more than 50 midlevel designer items listed without problems. but one item that i listed i was told i need to uncheck asia for shipping. so i did and it went through.

funnily enough it was not dvf which is so heavily faked it isn't funny. go figure.

WOW ... I've been selling on eBay for some time, and I didn't know about a lot of these 'rules' (probably because I don't sell that many handbags ... I typically sell jewelry).

However, what is weird ... is that I DO INDEED have my Paypal and eBay Accounts linked; that's why I couldn't figure out why I kept on getting this. In the future, I will try the LIVE CHAT avenue ... thanks for all the help!

PS: Neither the eBay or Paypal 'support' folks ever got back to my email inquiries ... big help they are ... NOT! :yucky:

^^^As I mentioned above, definitely do use the Live Chat function on eBay. The link is on the homepage on the right hand side of the screen next to the large search window. I used it again today and had an eBay rep chatting with me after barely 5 minutes (it was around 8AM EST). She answered all my questions. Also, when you use the chat function, their system automatically keeps a transcript of the session in case something comes up in reference to it. I actually got disconnected this morning mid-chat and when I got a new rep, she had the entire conversation transcript so I didn't even have to repeat myself.

Paypal has a phone number for premier accounts. I've also called them in the past and gotten right through, got my problem resolved right away.

Moral of the story is obviously: Don't waste your time with emails.