Scrubbed..

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
I'm such a geek. I like to watch the space shuttle launches on NASA tv. All the astronauts are getting off the vehicle right now due to scrub.. looks like the shuttle is giving birth to little people in red suits.

Anyone else facinated by shuttle launches/missions? I suspect I may be the only one...

No, you are not the only one. I was able to go to a landing once, it was great. I think the space program is a wonderful thing. Plus, the astronauts look good in their flight suits.

Irish - I am jealous. Would have love to seen that.

I used ff miles to book a trip to the last launch in August. Fortunately they scrubbed before we left so was able to cancel (around a week delay right?) Very disapointed as I would like to see a real launch in person one of these days.

I'm such a geek. I like to watch the space shuttle launches on NASA tv. All the astronauts are getting off the vehicle right now due to scrub.. looks like the shuttle is giving birth to little people in red suits.

Anyone else facinated by shuttle launches/missions? I suspect I may be the only one...

You are definitely not the only one!! I'm obsessed so much with it that I decided to work in the space industry. :nuts:

christine ausI used ff miles to book a trip to the last launch in August. Fortunately they scrubbed before we left so was able to cancel (around a week delay right?) Very disapointed as I would like to see a real launch in person one of these days.

I was at that launch! It was for STS-115. It was gorgeous. I was there for the first attempt, then flew back a week later to see it finally launch. :sweatdrop: I almost missed that one. I'm still paying for the trip(s) now. LOL

My dad told me about the time he watched the moon landing for the first time. It was about 11 o'clock at night and he woke up my older brother who was about 12 at the time.

(My brother was not pleased to be woken up but I'm sure now he's glad he was able to witness something like that.)

I was at that launch! It was for STS-115. It was gorgeous. I was there for the first attempt, then flew back a week later to see it finally launch. :sweatdrop: I almost missed that one. I'm still paying for the trip(s) now. LOL

Wow! I should have gone but had no vacation left at work (boo!). I'm all set for the next one though! :yes: Lucky you!! Where did you watch from?