How Much Hermes Should You Wear?

hmmm. i usually go out like this . . . .

do i need help?

1980had15.jpg

this is head-to-toe H...can you tell?

if you can pull it off with understated class and elegance, then why not?

(not me by the way, but a sweet and gorgeous lady I know) :heart:

attachment.php

Attachments

• H4Macau06.jpg
    H4Macau06.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 551
Oh, Seton. I did not know your real identity is Paulina!!! :P

Today, I had a Cape Cod w/barenia double-tour, TB shawl in Potiron, and my 31cm Raisin Clemence Bolide w/shooting star charm. IMO, if you feel comfortable in what you are wearing then there is never too much "H"! :yes:

(I love it when older threads get bumped to the top of the ladder....)

(I love when older threads get bumped up to the top....)

I'm a slave to my accessories. I routinely wear my leather bracelet (I'm not sure what the design is called, it's almost like a leather cuff made up of thin interwoven strips of leather in a V lattice on one side and has a buckle on the inside) and three or four enamel bracelets-- I love to wear multiple bracelets because so long as I'm not going to have to be working on a computer, I love to have lots of things jangling on my wrists. :blush:

However, aside from that, it's usually just a shawl draped cowboy style around my neck (or a scarf tied in a pretty manner during the summer) and maybe a bag, although my day-to-day bag right now is a Balenciaga City.

The thing about H is that unless they're actually another H fan or collector, most people won't have a clue how much Hermes you're wearing; unlike other brands that are much more obvious (LV, Dior, Gucci, etc.) in terms of logo, I think you can get away with lots of small H items without looking like a walking advert for the company.

I think it's great that most of our H items do not have logos. I wear bracelets, a necklace, bag, belt. I normally have a scarf and shawl inside the bag ready to be deployed if I get cold. Only the belt and bag are recognizable as Hermes by normal people.

rox_rocks, your friend looks damn good. Nope, I can't tell she's wearing H except the boots, and that's only because I know what the boots look like.

i agree that if there are no obvious logos you can probably get away with head to toe H.. ^the lady above looks gorgeous, i love her jacket!

this hasn't really been addressed but personally, i would never put more than 1 type of accessory on my bag (ie 2 key charms would be my own limit) i think it takes away from the bag to have 5-6 things (ie twilly, key charms, breloque charms, ....) adorning it all at once..