Authenticate This! YSL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorry, it ended..anyway I just wanted to let you know that market is FULL of besace fakes. the only way to tell is by the inside tag front and back. She had distant photo of tag...somehow bottom stitches look off, maybe I am wrong, but hmmm....I have two besaces (identical black bubbly and anthracite nubuck, and still am confused when I see it, can not tell, fakes are REALLY good. These are the only YSL bags I bought from boutiques, not ebay, because of fear of fakes. Hope this helps in your future search for besace. Just ask for inner tak front and back, and post it here, we will see then

So i'm looking into buying a beige patent easy from someone off craigslist, but i want to make sure i'm buying the real thing.

Firstly, is the serial number 208314 213317 for all easy bags? also, is there a YSL embossed on the back of the zipper? Because I have a leather downtown bag that doesn't have the embossed YSL of the back of the zipper...not the tab, but the actual zipper. Or did YSL recently start using these types of zippers?

Thanks for your help.

I do not know about the number, but YSL bags have either Lampo (older) or YSL (newer) at the back of zipper head

looks good to me :tup:, I have the same but tan color, amazing glazed leather...just to be on a safe side, ask the seller for a clear pic of the inner tag - back with serial number, as well as the side where Yves Saint laurent is engraved in leather. It does look authentic.

Thanks Vesna. I asked for the additional pics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Vesna. I asked for the additional pics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

great price, I payed that much on Overstock, there were two, one for this price, the other for $2000 ???? Could not believe when I got it. I have lots of bad weather here and needed some kind of glaze, not patent, and this is exactly what I wanted...good luck

both are :tup:

second ended, sorry, but it has OK shape, there are so many variations of this bag, this one is very wide one 17", not round looking like the first one which is 14" X 11"...(there is also mini - wider and narrower type, make sure you read measures right before you bid, I almost entered a bid for mini, it did not have any reference, so I cold have made grave mistake)

the first one, I tried bidding on it 3 times, every time we get to max $250, and reserve is still there, I emailed a guy, he said that reserve was $400. Too much for this bag IMO. Maybe he reduced it though. I just gave up on it :biggrin: Good luck

THANK YOU SO MUCH VESNA!!!!
I might try but is the 17 in mombassa worth $299, used? What do you think?

THANK YOU SO MUCH VESNA!!!!
I might try but is the 17 in mombassa worth $299, used? What do you think?

Well, if you like the shape, I would say it is, because those older YSL bags are really well made. They never get sold cheaper than that. Suede interior, leather is amazing and better with age. I prefer more rounded shape myself, also waiting for red to come by. Cheers, Vesna

Hi I bought this YSL Besace on ebay and now it has arrived I feel as though it may be fake and the thought is KILLING me!! My main feeling is about the leather as in some parts of the bag it seems almost too soft (around the hardware it seems to wear quite badly) but overall the leather of the bag is not very soft at all not like my Balenciagas or Chanel bags. I work in fashion and so know what an expensive bag looks and feels like but the leather of this bag just does not seem right to me but im not sure if that is the pebbled effect.

here is the link and i will post digital pictures now. The seller has a return policy so i will try to return if it looks fake to you.... Thanks in advance for any help!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...013245&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

I just bought this beige patent easy and was hoping someone could verify that it's authentic. It looks good to me, but i would feel better if someone else agreed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1002_opt.jpg
    IMG_1002_opt.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1003_opt.jpg
    IMG_1003_opt.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1004_opt.jpg
    IMG_1004_opt.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1015_opt.jpg
    IMG_1015_opt.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1018_opt.jpg
    IMG_1018_opt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi I bought this YSL Besace on ebay and now it has arrived I feel as though it may be fake and the thought is KILLING me!! My main feeling is about the leather as in some parts of the bag it seems almost too soft (around the hardware it seems to wear quite badly) but overall the leather of the bag is not very soft at all not like my Balenciagas or Chanel bags. I work in fashion and so know what an expensive bag looks and feels like but the leather of this bag just does not seem right to me but im not sure if that is the pebbled effect.

here is the link and i will post digital pictures now. The seller has a return policy so i will try to return if it looks fake to you.... Thanks in advance for any help!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...013245&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

sorry...it's fake. the HW is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.