** Surgery Club: Coach Modification & Personalization **

*Michi*

コーチがすきです!
O.G.
Apr 22, 2009
I thought it might be a good idea to create a surgery "club" where everyone could post photos/ideas of modifications and personalization of Coach bags. I'm sure there must be more tPFers who've modified their bags to make them extra special or more practical. (Yes, we're a gutsy bunch, lol.) Or if you have any ideas but haven't bit the bullet and tried them yet, this is the place for you too!

So post your changes + ideas here! Pics are required if you've made a modification, and you get an extra ★ for modeling shots, hehe! Hopefully we can make this an inspiring thread. TPFers are a creative bunch and it'd be great to see what you've all come up with!

I'll start! It's just a simple mod, but with the addition of a double-ended dog leash clip, my modified Zoe now has 3 carrying options (shoulder, massive clutch and cross-body):

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1374.JPG
    IMG_1374.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi. I'm curious, where did you get the longer strap? I have made a few surgical interventions on a couple of my bags. I removed the shorter strap/straps on my lg. parker hippie and on one of my madison shoulder bags. My husband kiddingly called it a travesty!!

Hi. I'm curious, where did you get the longer strap? I have made a few surgical interventions on a couple of my bags. I removed the shorter strap/straps on my lg. parker hippie and on one of my madison shoulder bags. My husband kiddingly called it a travesty!!

Hehe, my BF was shocked when I told him what I was planning. But I don't regret it, my Zoe is much better now.

I used the long strap from my black leather Madison Carryall.

I'll start! It's just a simple mod, but with the addition of a double-ended dog leash clip, my modified Zoe now has 3 carrying options (shoulder, massive clutch and cross-body):

What strap are you using? Is it from one of the Madison carryalls or a hippie?

Edit:
Nevermind...I saw your other post...it's the Madison Carryall.

Last edited:
This is a cool idea. I want to do the same thing to my Zoe. I carry her ok but this would make here a hippie and I would wear her more... I may brave it this weekend, I just need to figure out a strap.

I really LOVE how the zoe looks with the longer strap!! I never have been much of a long strap girl until as of lately....now I'm actually trying to get my hands on some new leather long strapped bags! Yours looks wonderful, great job!!

Michi, that was brave of you, LOL.
The most I've done is cut the straps off some wristlets so I could use them to hold stuff inside my bags without the straps getting in the way.

I wonder, does anyone have a source for buying long leather straps like the one shown?

This is a cool idea. I want to do the same thing to my Zoe. I carry her ok but this would make here a hippie and I would wear her more... I may brave it this weekend, I just need to figure out a strap.

Don't worry, it's easy and you can't screw it up:smile: The hard part is finding a strap you want to use, but that seller from the bay may have something you like.

I really LOVE how the zoe looks with the longer strap!! I never have been much of a long strap girl until as of lately....now I'm actually trying to get my hands on some new leather long strapped bags! Yours looks wonderful, great job!!

Yeah, I was always a shoulder bag girl and still am, but since I use my Zoe when I'm out shopping and to school and things, having the longer strap just makes more sense. Thanks:smile:

The Zoe looks great as a crossbody! Nice job!

I've been thinking of putting brass grommets in the strap buckle holes of my Thompson hobo...or at least in the hole the buckle is in...the leather is stretching there. I know it would void the warranty, so I've been hesitant to do it!

Hiya
I think this modification you did is a great idea for my large black Zoe. The problem I have with mine is I find it a bit too big and too stiff as a shoulder bag. But I think the cross body version you have is great.*thumbs up*
Now I need to go find a longer strap.... Mmmm