Names for Coach items

bellagal

Apr 25, 2007
Okay I have a question about Coach naming their items.....Why would Coach name another bag or line of bags "Peyton" when there's already a Peyton bag (which as well all know looks completely different)?

**There's another thread about this bag but I didn't want to hijack their thread to talk about this**

I like this new "Peyton" bag but just don't get the naming thing. Is it b/c it's only on the Japan website? Am I the only that is bothered by this?? I guess this is along the lines (no pun intended) of the Legacy Stripe (original v. MFF) lines? They're both called Legacy Stripe but they're obviously different.

When I read that there's another Peyton I freaked out & got so excited (hoping to still be able to score a Saddle Peyton & a Magenta Peyton)!! I called the 1-800 # and asked about this & they had NO CLUE. Not sure if it has anything to do with the time of day/night that I was calling but they didn't have any answers.

Anyone here know???!!!

It is called the Peyton line, US as well, and some of it is more or less a revamp of the Parker leather tattoo tote IMO. It confused me as well a few weeks ago, and I was excited that there might be more croc, leather colors, etc, in the Peyton that I know and love (and have almost all of those bags!) lol! TOTAL disappointment!! :shucks: I can't answer why they do this, especially so soon after one line ends. It's like having concurrent colors like "rose", for example, when the rose colors in each individual line are completely different colors...makes for TOTAL confusion, lol! I'm pretty sure they haven't used all names either (hint, hint, Coach..you can use my name, lol!). :P

I like this new "Peyton" bag but just don't get the naming thing. Is it b/c it's only on the Japan website? Am I the only that is bothered by this?? I guess this is along the lines (no pun intended) of the Legacy Stripe (original v. MFF) lines? They're both called Legacy Stripe but they're obviously different.

were either actually named legacy stripe? i thought both were just legacy?

Okay I have a question about Coach naming their items.....Why would Coach name another bag or line of bags "Peyton" when there's already a Peyton bag (which as well all know looks completely different)? ...

Anyone here know???!!!

Laziness? Lack of imagination?

Anyway, they re-use names CONSTANTLY, including Madison, Ergo, Sonoma, Legacy, Bonnie, Tribeca, Gramercy, and dozens more. Don't sweat it.
Reduce. Re-use. Recycle.

Last edited: