Is this Legacy repairable?

dstalksalot

Rehabbing Coach since 2010
O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
Hey all you fix it babes....

I love a good fixer uper, and a challange, and love wearing my refurbished goodies, but some times I am not so sure a bag can be refurbished as well as I hope.

SO, do you all think this ink is removable on this beautiful shoulder bag with typical thechiques. It looks like the ink bled onto the leather side. Is this one a lost cause? Not sure if I should bid or pass this baby by....

Attachments

• coach ink 1.jpg
    coach ink 1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 126
  • coach ink 3.jpg
    coach ink 3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 83
  • !Bfo74nwCGk~$(KGrHqEH-EEErfLL62)OBLCJj(O1+!~~_3.jpg
    !Bfo74nwCGk~$(KGrHqEH-EEErfLL62)OBLCJj(O1+!~~_3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 80
I'd go for it if it's a good price, since the ink is on the bottom, and probably not very noticeable when carried. And a couple good applications of Apple will lighten the ink a bit, if not remove it completely.

If you look at the first picture, you can kind of see the ink spot on the bottom of the bag...To me, personally, it's not a dealbreaker, since it's on the bottom of the bag. And the lining, for the right price, I could get over a spot of ink on the Legacy Stripes. They are pretty to look at, but once you put your stuff in it, you'll never see the ink. :biggrin:

I would snatch that one up. Try some apple on it. It's so small and noone is ever going to see it. The legacy I got is much more damaged than yours in terms of finish. I wish that was the only thing in terms of flaw on it.

I am really hoping some Apple and lining TLC makes the difference. I would hate to look at the thing and the flaw is all I see. You know?

<-------Pondering the ideal bid price...

Black Apple, what is the story with your bag?

Last edited:
I am really hoping some Apple and lining TLC makes the difference. I would hate to look at the thing and the flaw is all I see. You know?

<-------Pondering the ideal bid price...

Black Apple, what is the story with your bag?

Let's just say it has a ton of character. I won a legacy shoulder bag in clay that is no longer a clay color but a mossy/sage green color. Made the mistake of viewing it and bidding on my laptop. Later looked at it on my desktop pc which revealed the actual color of the bag. I have appled it twice which got out some nasty stains on the bottom of the bag. It still looks dirty though to me.The highlight is that I got the nasty stains out of the legacy lining which is a plus. Don't get me wrong I love the bag and it's looks kinda cool as the leather is so vintage looking. I just wish it wasn't as dingy.Thinking about looking for one in black now as a staple to my collection and won't worry about it looking dirty lol.

I did look at a few listing of legacy shoulder bags in clay and if they were not new with tags or very gently used the color look discolored just like mine.

Last edited:
Black apple, did you read the the thread about the clay gigi? Check the last page, the gal that bought it got a lot of the surface grime off with drier sheets.......that may help.....she also appled the heck out of it. :biggrin: but yeah, the clay looks like it does discolor after a while...same with the pond.

Black apple, did you read the the thread about the clay gigi? Check the last page, the gal that bought it got a lot of the surface grime off with drier sheets.......that may help.....she also appled the heck out of it. :biggrin: but yeah, the clay looks like it does discolor after a while...same with the pond.

Thanks my dear. Yes I pm'ed her rather quickly to inquire more. She was nice enough to respond back with the clarification I wanted. I am going to attempt the dryer sheet method on a few of the darker stains and see if that works.

Hi,
What a great bag!!! I agree with CoachGirlJami If the price is right, get it!!!!
Someone told me to use Ivory Dish soap on the silk lining!!! (Not sure how well it gets the ink out but for other light stains, Ivory works great!!!) It might work on the Leather too!!!
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

You are welcome, I would LOVE to hear how it goes :smile:

I just PMed the owner of the bag with the ink on it and she said it was a sharpie :oh: SO, I will have to look into sharpie stain removal to see what I can do...not sure if it will be removable....

Let's just say it has a ton of character. I won a legacy shoulder bag in clay that is no longer a clay color but a mossy/sage green color. Made the mistake of viewing it and bidding on my laptop. Later looked at it on my desktop pc which revealed the actual color of the bag. I have appled it twice which got out some nasty stains on the bottom of the bag. It still looks dirty though to me.The highlight is that I got the nasty stains out of the legacy lining which is a plus. Don't get me wrong I love the bag and it's looks kinda cool as the leather is so vintage looking. I just wish it wasn't as dingy.Thinking about looking for one in black now as a staple to my collection and won't worry about it looking dirty lol.

I did look at a few listing of legacy shoulder bags in clay and if they were not new with tags or very gently used the color look discolored just like mine.

I really suck at remembering names of bags. BUT...I have the legacy shoulder bag in black leather and I love it. It has been a year since she was adopted from the outlet and she looks brand spanking new. Not a ding or scratch or anything. And I just love her size. I find it hard to even change out of her. She just fits my lifestyle so well.