J Crew ~aholics Thread!

I am going home for Thanksgiving and hopefully picking up the Silk Frances cami in moraccan blue (http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shirtstops/camisblouses/PRDOVR~17428/17428.jsp).

I think this would look wonderful underneath a blazer or cardi, will pick up a couple other colors if they have them in my size.

:welcome2:Sammiee!
I like the Frances cami! Although, I am so sick of dealing with silk so I'm trying to cut back on -dry clean only pain in my booty items - but if it goes on sale for thanksgiving, then I'm totally buying.

I wore my bling button cardi for the 1st time today and noticed after I took it off that it has a big hole below the armpit...after 3 hrs of wear! Not cool...:tdown: for quality.

Pics:

Wearing a size XS in the bling cardi for reference

Also love my Wool pleated-silk chimera jacket in charcoal, the Tissue sparkling rose tee & silk cascade ruffle jacket

Attachments

• jasmin guava bling cardi j crew.jpg
    jasmin guava bling cardi j crew.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,164
  • jcrew grey ruffle jacket.jpg
    jcrew grey ruffle jacket.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • jcrew taupeotk.jpg
    jcrew taupeotk.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • cascade ruffle jacket.jpg
    cascade ruffle jacket.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:
Its so sad that Jcrew does ship to Singapore at the moment as I am really in love with their items...So I have to depend on ebay...

This is one of my fav...the jacket cardigan!

IMG_0976-1.jpg

Colour is antique stone.

I wore my bling button cardi for the 1st time today and noticed after I took it off that it has a big hole below the armpit...after 3 hrs of wear! Not cool...:tdown: for quality.

Take it back to the store. Even though they say items must be unworn, that is a defect.

and don't you just love that Jacket. I got it too and got so many compliments the day I wore it. Probably 90% of my wardrobe is J. Crew. My co-workers call me "little Michelle *****" - nice compliment:biggrin:

I have a love/hate relationship w/ J.crew. Especially lately, since they've forgotten to add gcs and discount codes to all of my catalog.
I have over 80 jcrew cardigans (i'm sucker for their cardis).
I finally bought a gray sherpa lined hoodie. Its so warm.
In my avatar, I'm wearing jcrew bow skirt (i have 3 of them) and my jcrew penelope mjs.
That tank is def on my list.

GREAT thread! Talldrnkofwater - I have the same skirt in the coral color. Your aqua color was the one i originally wanted but when it first came out and I tried it on, I hadn't lost enough baby weight yet. A few month later, they went on sale and I was down to a size 8 at that point, but the blue was gone. I got the coral, which isn't a color I usually wear, but it's actually really nice. Of course, by the time I break it out next summer, it will probably be too big, but hopefully the tailor will be able to adjust it!

Pics:

Wearing a size XS in the bling cardi for reference

Also love my Wool pleated-silk chimera jacket in charcoal, the Tissue sparkling rose tee & silk cascade ruffle jacket

I LOVE the chimera jacket on you, sooo cute! What size did you get?

Take it back to the store. Even though they say items must be unworn, that is a defect.

and don't you just love that Jacket. I got it too and got so many compliments the day I wore it. Probably 90% of my wardrobe is J. Crew. My co-workers call me "little Michelle *****" - nice compliment:biggrin:

True, I will probably take it to the store tomorrow and see if I can exchange...now shall I get the same cardi again or get something else?

Wow-90% j crew...that's great! Do you blog? Would love to see you model some more stuff!

You all know that the black friday sale starts online at midnight Thanksgiving night, right? Cant wait!

Are you talking about the Midnight Madness sale? I got that email too and I thought it was only for the outlets?

Does anyone have any idea why they seem to be sold out of some of their black cashmere items, which incredibly delayed ship dates? Two black cashmere sweaters I have wanted to purchase are now "Ship (insert date way too far away!)".

Because like most other retailers last holiday season, JCrew had way too much inventory on hand which forced them to mark down their prices earlier and at a higher % than they normally would. This year Mickey Drexler, the CEO, has gone on record numerous times saying that they are trying to retrain their customers to buy at full price. Part of this means better inventory control and keeping the inventory levels lower than last year - hence why it seems that a lot of times are selling out quickly with a distant expected ship date... And through all of this, JCrew wins because they can still demand full price ;)

I love J.Crew! I'm currently obsessed with their sweaters and coats. I don't have any of their cashmere but hope to get a couple on sale after Christmas. I've been waiting for the merino shirred v-neck sweater to go on sale, however I really wanted the bright hydrangea color and it just sold out in small this morning. For coats I just got the Crosby in black and I'm eying the stadium cloth boulevard trench and the Carlin in sea salt. I would buy all my clothes from J.Crew but their pricing is a cut above what I like to pay. I keep telling myself not to spend money elsewhere on clothes so I can afford to buy just J.Crew!

True, I will probably take it to the store tomorrow and see if I can exchange...now shall I get the same cardi again or get something else?

Wow-90% j crew...that's great! Do you blog? Would love to see you model some more stuff!

nope, I don't blog.. I do read J. Crew Aficionada - luv that blog.

Here are a few pics, from earlier this year. Now that you've made this thread, I'll contribute with more J.Crew inspired pics:yahoo:

one of my favorite skirts from last season:
28spxdh.jpg

Random:
23jghh.jpg

104ixw8.jpg

24wxd3p.jpg