Shimmer charcoal...anyone?

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Has anyone gotten a bag in the "shimmer charcoal with streaks" or seen the leather in person?

I am wondering if the color is really a shade of grey or is it a light black? Does that make any sense?

You're faster than I am TL!

It's a true grey, with various shades of grey and silver running through it. It is similar to the Dark Grey, only it has no Taupe/Olive undertones, like the Dark Grey does. It's very pretty, I like how it's a true cool tone. It is quite structured though, maybe the most structured Ignes leather I've experienced.

Thanks tlloveshim, I was going blind looking. The shimmer is still confusing me a bit.

It's like a foot on a banana peel to start this "what about..." thing for me, but I am thinking about a Petra in shimmer charcoal with a black suede bow tie (just the tie) as an accent. I would not want the tie to be too soft/floppy -- so then I think about the tie in black patent. Opinions welcome!

ETA: You guys are fast! Two posts while I was typing!

LOL! I have poured over those threads lately so remember where some things are! I can't picture the black bow so SK will have to chime in there as she's seen both of those leathers. I like the shimmer charcoal though!

I don't have black suede, but I'll take some pics of the Shimmer Charcoal w Black Nappa together tomorrow, so you can get an idea of what it would look like. Oh.... I do have black Patent, I'll take pics of that as well! You can probably tell from the pics, I like it w Gunmetal, it brought out the shimmer.

Are you ok w structured leather on the Petra?

i love SK's picture of shimmer charcoal and the gunmetal!

But in my imagination I'd love charcoal+black patent bow Petra! I never saw the leather IRL so can't be trusted but one vote for the patent bow! I mean, imo, i can't imagine a soft suede on a structured leather.... although you never know until you try...

sillykitty, a comparison picture would be fabulous when you have time! I liked the comparison with the metallic but I am really not a metallic bag kinda girl, I have found.

I am not afraid of structure on the Petra except for the handles. I was thinking they should be longer and a bit narrower. I am wondering if I would be less than enamored of the handle width in the first place, like I get with my BE Love Me over a coat.

Koobaholic, I do know what you mean about the suede bow thing. I don't want it to look sad.

I have to stop looking tonight since my now-for-something-completely-different thought is a Josephine Max in vintage pink since I am not finding the black bag of my dreams.

I got a mental picture of a sad droopy bow ... I even had the Wah-Wah-Wah sound in my head.

That cracked me up. Because I also hear Heidi Klum saying "All you gave us was a sad brown dress" as my reference point.

As for wild with colors -- yeah, me ordering black bags is the "Wha?" moment, not the pink JM. I am so not afraid of color (just don't think of myself as metallic unless it is bronze). I also like the coral...

Here are pics...

Shimmer Charcoal w Black Crinkle Patent
DSC05417.jpg

DSC05421.jpg

DSC05440.jpg

DSC05443.jpg

Shimmer Charcoal w Black 109
DSC05429.jpg

DSC05430.jpg

DSC05435.jpg

DSC05437.jpg