"Vintage" speedy lock issue..

Hey everyone! I'm fairly new here, so please don't kill me if this is posted in the wrong place :P
Years ago, my mother gave me my great aunt's LV Speedy 30-- It's my most cherished Louis by far! I believe she purchased it ca. 84'-'86? Anyway, what the heck is with the lock? I'm new to this forum and am only really fairly familiar with newer Louis. (emphasis on fairly...lol) I'm learning so much from you guys!! ANYWAY....I've never seen a lock like this-- Is this how they looked then? It's always bothered me because it just doesn't look right. It's kind of square.
Also, I've searched ebay high and low for a replacement key-- as you can see she hooked the only key onto the lock:shrugs:
Is there anywhere to get a key like this? (#201). Or would an actual LV store be able to help me with this?

TIA!
DSC02397.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

why oh why would you(someone) hook a key like that knowing you cant get it off .. shakes head!Hope someone has an extra key to lend you... good luck!

Lol It's been like that since she gave it to my mother :P I know...makes no sense. I've considered getting it removed with a saw professionally--DON'T freak out..like one used to fix jewelry--, but meh. I dunno. I just want to find another key. But the lock itself is just weird to me.

the lock is actually the correct lock for a vintage piece...vintage lv pieces come with that lock. Just...not sure why would someone lock the key to the lock...But I guess you could try the LV boutique first before you actually get someone to saw it out...

Welcome to the Purse Forum!

The lock is correct and no, LV no longer has the 200 series locks and keys. Try asking them for a new set. Then you can cut the current lock off.

Wow. :wtf: That's no way to keep the key with the lock. :nogood:

It's a great vintage lock and if the lock could be saved that would be great. Maybe a locksmith place can help--at least try to find a way to duplicate the key using the machine without jeopardizing the bag too much in the process? :shrugs:

Good luck! :tup: