Does anyone have this joy hobo?

fashion_mom1

Apr 28, 2009
I won this yesterday on a whim (I had to pull a stock hoto because their pics are dark). Anyway, do you have one? Do you like it? I shop so much so sometimes I cant even make decisions for myself. Love some second opinions. I can always put it back on ebay with better pics. What season is it from if you know--I didnt see it a gucci.com anymore. I want a Boston, but this was too good of price to pass up ($117)

Attachments

• gucci1.jpg
    gucci1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 61
I think that style was available from DSW when they had their big gucci sale but I don't know what year it is from. I only know this because I've seen them on *bay and I can tell by the attached price tag that they're from DSW. I like the style alot but I've heard that these bag with the metallic trim are prone to peeling and flaking, that's what I've heard here on the forum. So for this reason I have shyed away from getting any handbags with the metallic trim. But regardless, you got an incredible bargain so congrats!

It was available from DSW I think the price was either $249 or $299. They had them at the outlet a while back as well. They were never under $300 there though. I do not know if they were from the overseas collections. I do not believe they were sold in full price here in the US. One of the reasons why they were at the outlets and DSW was because of the major peeling problems these metallic handles had. I myself have a metallic handle bag from around the same time (I think 2008) and I am not having severe peeling on the handles but I did notice recently that they are slightly cracking. You got a STEAL of a price. I think you should wait till you get it to make a decision.

It was available from DSW I think the price was either $249 or $299. They had them at the outlet a while back as well. They were never under $300 there though. I do not know if they were from the overseas collections. I do not believe they were sold in full price here in the US. One of the reasons why they were at the outlets and DSW was because of the major peeling problems these metallic handles had. I myself have a metallic handle bag from around the same time (I think 2008) and I am not having severe peeling on the handles but I did notice recently that they are slightly cracking. You got a STEAL of a price. I think you should wait till you get it to make a decision.

I know I am worried about the peeling too. Guess I will wait til it comes. THANKS

OMG fashion mom, I just decided to buy this bag on *bay. I've been eyeing it for some time and you starting this thread made me want this bag even more. It helped by hearing jrw118 say her bag was okay. So I got it for $200. Not as good a deal as you got but I think still okay. I already have the wallet and mini boston key fob to match. Sorry to ramble, I am just excited.

OMG fashion mom, I just decided to buy this bag on *bay. I've been eyeing it for some time and you starting this thread made me want this bag even more. It helped by hearing jrw118 say her bag was okay. So I got it for $200. Not as good a deal as you got but I think still okay. I already have the wallet and mini boston key fob to match. Sorry to ramble, I am just excited.

That is awesome. I am glad someone else is excited about it. You will have to post pics of the bag when you get it. Congrats!!