what to do?

kallison

wake up.you're alive
Sep 3, 2006
i bought two bags yesterday, hippie in black and mia satchel in black sig...(and before anybody says anything, i didn't spend any additional money- i had returned outlet purchases and so all i had was store credit).

i thought they were both what i wanted...but i took them out last night and wasn't thrilled anymore. i thinking it's just because they're both black...but i'm not sure.

i wanted another satchel (returned the outlet one i bought a few weeks back)...but this one just doesn't do anything for me.

and the hippie...many things i'm not loving about it. it doesn't look right on my larger frame and i really think it ages me...plus, it's HEAVY and i don't think i'll like that.

what i wanted was the legacy satchel (maybe not in leather, since the hippie was pretty weighty...but maybe the signature?). but both of the bags cost $600- and the satchel will be $525 (assuming i can get the 25% off again)...

what to do? what to do?

The PCE ends on 12/10, so if you take it in for an exchange and explain, I'm sure they would let you use the 25% off for the new bag.

Go with the legacy satchel, the bag you really love. Even though it's more expensive, it will be what you want and will use. I've learned the hard way that there is absolutely no point in settling for a bag - you just won't use it if you do. If you really are feeling financially pinched by buying the bag now, then still return the ones you don't want and get a store credit for later. It makes more sense than keeping bags you don't want. I hope this helps, good luck!

You need to do what I do. Go in, Look around, don't buy anything. Take note of what you like, Return another Day & see if you still like it. I went Tues and selected what I wanted. Didn't buy. Went back Fri & bought a few things. I have another card so I might go back... to another store & buy more.

it's not that money is a huge issue at the moment...but i always feel guilty, especially spending that kind of money on just ONE bag, you know?

either way, i'm going to have store credit...so it's not like it can go back on my cc or anything. so i might as well get what i want for 25% off, right?

or am i just justifying a bad habit?!

You need to do what I do. Go in, Look around, don't buy anything. Take note of what you like, Return another Day & see if you still like it. I went Tues and selected what I wanted. Didn't buy. Went back Fri & bought a few things. I have another card so I might go back... to another store & buy more.
see, these were the two things that i was SO sure i wanted. looking online, i wanted the mia (though, honestly, i think i'm disappointed in this one because i want the magenta mia so freaking bad). and i wanted the hippie. everytime i would see them, that's what i would want.
but now that i have them...i'm underwhelmed.

Go with the legacy satchel, the bag you really love. Even though it's more expensive, it will be what you want and will use. I've learned the hard way that there is absolutely no point in settling for a bag - you just won't use it if you do. If you really are feeling financially pinched by buying the bag now, then still return the ones you don't want and get a store credit for later. It makes more sense than keeping bags you don't want. I hope this helps, good luck!

I'm sure they'll let you still use the 25% discount on the bag you really do want. Just give them a call or go in and see. I totally agree with vanojr9, if the bags you bought aren't something you completely love, then return them and get what you really do want. I've been in the same situation where I've bought bags that I no longer like when I get home. They only way I can fix it is by returning/exchanging the bags. I feel 110% better after I do. I'm sure you will too. :yes: Just take the bags back and get what you really have been wanting. You'll be so much happier. :smile:

kal get that satchel!! i may be getting my first HUGE purchase from a friend once i sell a couple of things, so we'll get through the guilt together!

I agree you should return what you are not in love with...not sure they'll give you 25% off again.....

Also agree that you should look at a bag in person multiple times before purchasing. My store in California used to crack up because I'd come in and see it 2 or 3 weeks in a row before buying. But I always knew by the time I BOUGHT that I really wanted it.

Kallison I'm sure they'll let you use the discount again. According to my SA, they would let me use the discount all week if I had wanted. Not that my bank account could afford it. ;) Just go to the store and ask them about it. I'm sure they'll understand. :yes:

I can't tell you how many times I've changed my mind on a bag. But anytime I wasn't happy with one, I'd always return it or exchange it. The SAs are really good about it too. I totally understand though about changing your mind. Sometimes what looks good in the store, just looks different at home. :smile: And hey, it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :P