Q About True Religion Jeans

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Hi folks, can you tell me, do TR jeans stretch out much as you wear them? I have bought a few pair, that if they stretch too much they will be big in the waist... especially the "Becky" which is a midrise style.

I am excited because for the first time ever, I can FIT into this brand (albeit, the 32's) But I ain't complaining! I am just wondering if I need to go down a size. They do fit well in the thighs and hips - snug, not tight, not baggy. TIA.:smile:

^^ I found the Julies stretch overtime, so I always go a size down.

OP, I'd order a size down. They do fit TTS in the beginning, but they do stretch overtime.

It depends on the cut. I stay TTS 25 in my TRs but I really only like one style, the "Julie" which is a low rise skinny leg.

-These are both 'Joey' one in Dark Pony Express and the other, Joey Super T in Del M-something... low rise, twisted seam. The Becky seems like it will be too loose if it stretches at all.

^^ I found the Julies stretch overtime, so I always go a size down.

OP, I'd order a size down. They do fit TTS in the beginning, but they do stretch overtime.

-hmm, maybe I'll give it a try. Caveat: I am 53, don't want too too tight for my age... (maybe the style is not for my age but I don't care, Nyah, Nyah, I like them!:yahoo:)

I got them from Zappo's so no shipping, no tax, no risk.

I don't find that they stretch out all that much with wear.

I have a few pairs, but I really only like the one rigid pair I have- I find their stretch to be too stretchy (and not in a stretches out of shape kind of way) if that makes any sense...

I only have Joeys and Johnny's though so I can't speak for any other cuts.

-hmm, maybe I'll give it a try. Caveat: I am 53, don't want too too tight for my age... (maybe the style is not for my age but I don't care, Nyah, Nyah, I like them!:yahoo:)

I got them from Zappo's so no shipping, no tax, no risk.

I don't remember jeans having an age limit on them :P

I think all designer jeans fit tight in the beginning... you want them to, so that overtime they stretch and conform to your curves. If they fit you perfect right off the rack, then they're going to be hanging off your butt in a few months.

ps... Nordstroms has several TR pairs on sale for less than what Zappos has them for. And then if you don't like them you can return them at a b&m store, if you live near one ;)

I don't find that they stretch out all that much with wear.

I have a few pairs, but I really only like the one rigid pair I have- I find their stretch to be too stretchy (and not in a stretches out of shape kind of way) if that makes any sense...

I only have Joeys and Johnny's though so I can't speak for any other cuts.

-I like the Joeys the best; didn't like the Becky that much.

So now I have answers going both ways :P so I just ordered the 31's to try

I don't remember jeans having an age limit on them :P

I think all designer jeans fit tight in the beginning... you want them to, so that overtime they stretch and conform to your curves. If they fit you perfect right off the rack, then they're going to be hanging off your butt in a few months.

ps... Nordstroms has several TR pairs on sale for less than what Zappos has them for. And then if you don't like them you can return them at a b&m store, if you live near one ;)

- I debated that, but I live 40 miles from the Nordstrom, and the tax,(more than 9%!!!), gas for the car, etc. Maybe the money is less, but maybe the aggravation is more, LOL. I'll go have a look at nordie's dot com... thanks!

^^ Are you in the Bay Area? With tax that high you're either in SF or LA area. I'm in CA too. I feel your pain... sales tax is 8.75%

Yes I am - and here it is, I believe 9.25%, or at least that is what it is if I order online from somewhere in CA. Hardly ever shop b&m so cannot recall for sure. But don't different counties have different tax rates?

^ We have no sales tax on clothing either (MN)... :smile:

Most of my TR jeans have not stretched out too much... a little, but not to the point where they appear too loose on me.