HELP!! Need Visual Aid, how do you organize your Makeup?

mzedith

RMBR SKY
O.G.
Nov 9, 2008
alright, we just moved two weeks ago, i still have so much to unpack,

this Saturday was my closet (big walk in closet), didn't get my bags put away.. booo..!

yesterday it took all day to set up two bathrooms.

now its time to unpack my makeup..

for reference:
about 200 shadows maybe more, 40 e/s palettes, 30 blush compacts, 20 gel liner pots, pencil liners, tons of lip sticks, lip palletes, about a million *joke* lip glosses (i love lip gloss), 8 different foundations in various forms, several setting powder jars.. on and on and on... (im sure im missing much more)

i have my brush collection under control, i still have keep them in clean glass pickle (or various cleaned condiment jars.

my skincare is under control, (i have backups of backups), this new apt is so huge..

i ddin't like the way i had my makeup orgainzied before, i used those small plastic stackable draws, then the blushes went somewhere else, the foundations went in my train case.. would love to have all this in one place.

any of you lovely BB laidies a bad MU junkie like me? or worse?

i would love to see how your organize your makeup? pics would be lovely.

>>>>>>>FYI<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
DH and my son brought over a ton of stuff two days before the movers, then two weeks ago, the movers came, i was at the apt, and they just kept bringing in boxes and boxes.. i asked them are you done yet? The response was... there is still about 30 or 40 boxes.. *yikkies!!!!*

i have to unpack on the weekends.. last week, was a blur (it was mostly cleaning, the apt was not in move in condition. plus i had to set up the entertainment center for the AT&T Uverse installer. that took forever, it's been 5 years since i had to deal with all those wires..

I guess the better question is how do you use your makeup? How do you browse through it? What is the best set up for you to manage it all? Do you like drawers, do you like to split it up based on brand/type?

Some of that I think will help determine what type of "storage" to use, based on how you use it. Do you have a vanity desk or something for application or do you use only the bathroom?

My brushes I keep in glass jars with small, decorative rocks in them. I keep my nail polish in a spice rack that is mounted on the wall. My makeup I keep in two stacked 3 drawer 12x12 sized drawers.

• Drawer one has foundation, powders, concealers, and highlighters.
  • Drawer two has pencil and gel liners, mascara, eyelash curler, and false lashes.
  • Drawer three has blushes and bronzers.
  • Draw four has single and duo eyeshadows, paints, and paint pots.
  • Drawer five has palettes of three or more shadows
  • Drawer six has all lipsticks and glosses

My brushes I keep in glass jars with small, decorative rocks in them. I keep my nail polish in a spice rack that is mounted on the wall. My makeup I keep in two stacked 3 drawer 12x12 sized drawers.

• Drawer one has foundation, powders, concealers, and highlighters.
  • Drawer two has pencil and gel liners, mascara, eyelash curler, and false lashes.
  • Drawer three has blushes and bronzers.
  • Draw four has single and duo eyeshadows, paints, and paint pots.
  • Drawer five has palettes of three or more shadows
  • Drawer six has all lipsticks and glosses

yes, this is perfect, are these the container drawers (similar to the ones purchased at target)? or do you have a dresser type?

**p.s. Bunny..i have a vanity counter, with space under or next two for some type of organizer drawer. i would like to orgainze exactly like i:heart:handbags **

If you have under the counter storage, you might consider some of those deep 3 drawer units. I have a vanity counter too, and am looking for some big drawers to keep my skin and hair products in(and maybe a drawer for more palettes :graucho: ). And yes, I have the plastic drawer type by Sterilite. I got mine at Walmart, but I am sure you can get them at Target. I think even Walgreens carries them.

I have two of these stacked:

0007314920938215x215.jpg

^I've also seen Sterlite at Walmart, used some top-open containers for nail polish.
OP also think of what's easiest to clean too, in case there's dust to remove or you spill something accidentally :smile: I'm assuming you'd probably want the clear sections unless you label them to remember what's in each.

I:heart: , do you have any pictures for OP to use for reference?

If you have under the counter storage, you might consider some of those deep 3 drawer units. I have a vanity counter too, and am looking for some big drawers to keep my skin and hair products in(and maybe a drawer for more palettes :graucho: ). And yes, I have the plastic drawer type by Sterilite. I got mine at Walmart, but I am sure you can get them at Target. I think even Walgreens carries them.

I have two of these stacked:

0007314920938215x215.jpg

I use these, I have 2,
1 has all my eye stuff the other my face and lips, I'm outgrowing them however and I'll need a 3rd within the next 4 months if I don't stop shopping, and I have a smaller stash than you, so with your stash you'd probably need 3-4

I use these, I have 2,
1 has all my eye stuff the other my face and lips, I'm outgrowing them however and I'll need a 3rd within the next 4 months if I don't stop shopping, and I have a smaller stash than you, so with your stash you'd probably need 3-4

haha.. got to love our makeup!!:P

I have the same issue. I just store my stuff in makeup bags in the closet in my bathroom, which means that I don't usually know what I have (sadly!)... Can you believe we have double sinks in our master bath but NO DRAWERS... Seriously. As IF. Thanks for the ideas, nonetheless. I love lurking on good questions. :smile: