Guccissima Pelham hobo

MoSoupy

O.G.
Jan 11, 2009
I'm fairly new to Gucci and after seeing a picture of the pelham hobo in black guccissima here on TPF, I went to NM and saw it IRL. I love it! Do you know if this is a style that will be part of the upcoming sale or is this considered a "classic" - one that rarely goes on sale but will stick around for a while? It's not on Gucci.com so I'm wondering if I need to snatch it up while I can! Thanks!

I don't think one can ever say for sure but it I had to bet I would lay it on it'll be classic before it's gets to a reduced sale. Popular leather, classic shape, size, model and colour.

Eventually even 'classics' will go on sale if they are not sold/discontinued before hand but that's a whole other gamble :hrmm:

It's actually at the outlet right now: http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/gu...-thread-no-chatter-499838-8.html#post13046811 (post #116). This is the one you're referring to right?

Anyway, I agree with papertiger, I've seen some classics go on sale.

No, it's actually this one only in black guccissima:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...408474395222441&bmUID=1257709172478&ev19=1:18

I guess I'll have just have to keep an eye on it at NM and see if it goes on sale. Thanks!

You're talking about this bag:
Gucci1.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z222/KathyKx3/GuccionFloor.jpg

I paid full price for it, but think it was worth EVERY penny. I'm one of those purse-addled maniacs who switches purses at least every day, and I haven't switched hardly at all since I've gotten this bag. Go get it so you don't regret it later!

Gucci1.jpg

I paid full price for it, but think it was worth EVERY penny. I'm one of those purse-addled maniacs who switches purses at least every day, and I haven't switched hardly at all since I've gotten this bag. Go get it so you don't regret it later!

WOW.. KATHY K.. It is lovely.. may I ask how much is it.. and where did you score this lovely bag!

WOW.. KATHY K.. It is lovely.. may I ask how much is it.. and where did you score this lovely bag!

Thank you, aeonot. The bag is actually nicer in person. The hardware is just killer. I'm attaching a side view so that you can see:

GucciSide.jpg

To answer your questions, I bought the bag at Neiman Marcus (Tysons Galleria in Virginia). I paid, unfortunately, full price: $1,750. Honestly, though, the bag is fully worth it IMO. The bag is a little scary looking when it's just sitting on the floor. It looks large, and sort of collapses into a leather puddle. When you wear it, though, it shapes nicely to the body and doesn't look overly-large at all. I'm totally smitten.:love:

Thank you, aeonot. The bag is actually nicer in person. The hardware is just killer. I'm attaching a side view so that you can see:

To answer your questions, I bought the bag at Neiman Marcus (Tysons Galleria in Virginia). I paid, unfortunately, full price: $1,750. Honestly, though, the bag is fully worth it IMO. The bag is a little scary looking when it's just sitting on the floor. It looks large, and sort of collapses into a leather puddle. When you wear it, though, it shapes nicely to the body and doesn't look overly-large at all. I'm totally smitten.:love:

It is stunning.. I love guccissima.. I have been looking for a black guccissima bag for so long... this might be it.. I never see it in the store.. is it medium size?

Gucci1.jpg

Yes!!! I saw your thread first and then saw it at NM the next day....I love this bag! I also saw it in off-white and camel which I was considering but I'm a black bag fanatic. I think the size is perfect, too. I really wanted the icon bit hobo but it was way too big (I'm only 5'2") although I LOVE that style, too. Wish they made it smaller.

So you think its worth it getting it now rather than waiting? I think it was $1750. Is that right? It's a lot but I think it'd be one of the most functional bags I'd own.