David Yurman Moonlight Ice?

jbelle

O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
What do you David Yurman fans think of the new Moonlight Ice Collection? Here's a link from the DY website:

http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponline/search.aspx?keyword=moonlight&page=1

I'd been planning on dropping gift hints for a Tiffany key, LOL, but Moonlight Ice has me under its spell. Originally I fancied the London blue topaz, but perhaps the Moon Quartz would be more versatile. Not sure I can swing this much bling on an everyday basis, but I'm willing to try. :graucho:

Also - is this a new permanent collection?

Would love to hear thoughts!

Generally, I love Yurman, but favor the onyx, moonstone, and hematite over the topaz (although I do have a yummy praisiolite! Those moonstone pieces are gorgeous!!! :nuts:

Great minds think alike lol I have been eyeballing the MoonLight collection too!! Have to see it in person too to determine if I like it enough to spend so much on sterling silver...

Random thought - I wonder if this collection is trying to ride the current vampire craze. Nordstrom has a 'Twilight' makeup collection. Bath & Body has 'Twilight Woods' as a scent. There are lines that refer to moonlight / twilight / evening, etc. everywhere. I really hope this has nothing to do with Edward's 'sparkly' skin.

I have seen the pieces in real life and they are stunning. The blue topaz color is very rich and looks amazing with the black rhodium and diamonds. I personally am hoping for the bracelet, but the rings and necklaces are FAB! Seriously, if you can, go into DY and you will not be disappointed. I went to DY in South Coast Plaza and the sales associates were extremely helpful.

I have seen the pieces in real life and they are stunning. The blue topaz color is very rich and looks amazing with the black rhodium and diamonds. I personally am hoping for the bracelet, but the rings and necklaces are FAB! Seriously, if you can, go into DY and you will not be disappointed. I went to DY in South Coast Plaza and the sales associates were extremely helpful.

Do you have suggestions about which store is likely to carry this collection? My experience is that the collections aren't carried in all stores.

I like the collection even more than the silver ice, I was undecided between the hampton blue which is a very different blue topaz and the moonstone, but went with the moonstone because its more neutral and I have other blue topaz. The rhodium under the diamonds gives it a great look. I was really tempted to go with the 20mm, but played it safe with the 14 mm as I like the split shank.

I like the collection even more than the silver ice, I was undecided between the hampton blue which is a very different blue topaz and the moonstone, but went with the moonstone because its more neutral and I have other blue topaz. The rhodium under the diamonds gives it a great look. I was really tempted to go with the 20mm, but played it safe with the 14 mm as I like the split shank.

I love the split shank also but sometimes have trouble with the balance of the larger stones - that is, they slide off center on my finger unless they're slightly smaller in size. Beautiful collection!