This grinds my gears!

Jan 16, 2007
Short story:

Bought a Euston of Evilbay a few days ago. Recieved it today and found many things about it that gives me really bad wibes. The inking is coming off on several places and is smudges out on others. The sewing is not perfectly straight around zippers and the longer strap looks terrible as if they have used tools to hold the leather while sewing it onto the canvas....

:cursing: I will give the seller my 10 cents. And it goes back...

Hi,

How disappointing for you.

I looked at (7) Olive Eustons at Mulberry Bicester about 8 weeks ago and every single one of them had terrible inking (uneven & lifting). Also, all the zips had been badly inserted and looked really terrible.

Wheras I have a vintage Oak Euston that is perfect and beautifully made.

I fear that Mulberry's quality can vary considerably.

Thank goodness, you are returning the bag.

Ells x

How dissappointing for you! Euston is such a lovely bag - but there will be other chances.

Which colour is it, btw? Think both a trusted seller and Lovehandbags have some;)

'Glad' you're sending this one back.

Hi,

How disappointing for you.

I looked at (7) Olive Eustons at Mulberry Bicester about 8 weeks ago and every single one of them had terrible inking (uneven & lifting). Also, all the zips had been badly inserted and looked really terrible.

Wheras I have a vintage Oak Euston that is perfect and beautifully made.

I fear that Mulberry's quality can vary considerably.

Thank goodness, you are returning the bag.

Ells x

Thanks. It just make me wonder if it's a fake. My alarm really went of when I saw all the flaws. But considering you saw bags like this at the outlet maybe Mulberry just lets some bad examples get through. Ain't that sad

Learners !! LOL

MMania - you're not wrong! (smiling) I do believe my beautiful Oak Euston came from your goodself and I love it to bits. It is perfect and what I expect from Mulberry - I think Mulberry could do with you showing them quality control.:yahoo:

MManiac -I have seen fake Eustons on the dreadful www.eurohandbag.com (Chinese fake site) and so it is a style that is faked.

I would advise all of us to checkout the above AWFUL site regularly to keep up to date with what they are faking. I was amazed yesterday to see the extent of the styles (all AWFUL) they produce.

Be vigilent girls, always authenticate bags you are interested in.

Ellsxx

Here are some picture of the part of the bag that concerns me. Would appreciate your opinions.

28hgz6d.jpg

302we20.jpg

s0vngh.jpg

25a5dvd.jpg

I had to make them smaller hopefully you can see something.