Anyone religious?

Blair Waldorf

Aug 15, 2006
I noticed on the never have I ever thread that a couple people mentioned they believed in God. I do too. I was wondering, does anyone feel guilty for spending so much money because of your religious beliefs? I do sometimes. I think this question can apply to a lot of different religions, as spending money on handbags isn't exactly a spiritual exercise. How do you reconcile your spending and your beliefs?

I'm religious but I don't feel guilty spending lots of money on bags. I help others by donating and volunteering and think that it's okay to make myself happy too. :smile: Only once did I feel bad for having so much when so many people have so little.

I'm Buddhist. In accordance with my religion's tenets, I follow the middle path. Not too much indulgence, and not too much denial, I try to strike a balance.

I am a Christian and do try to keep myself in check with my spending. It doesn't always work - have to discipline myself from time to time - getting back into scripture/prayer helps ALOT and keeps things in perspective, stops some impulses. But because I am still human I find that reminding myself that, "I own my posessions, they do not own me", helps alot as well.

I am a Christian and do try to keep myself in check with my spending. It doesn't always work - have to discipline myself from time to time - getting back into scripture/prayer helps ALOT and keeps things in perspective, stops some impulses. But because I am still human I find that reminding myself that, "I own my posessions, they do not own me", helps alot as well.

^yup!!

Sometimes I do feel guilty for all of the material things that I own, but am sooooooooooo thankfull of all of the REAL blessings that God has given me (family, etc):heart:

Like others, I try to balance it out. I donate money to charities and volunteer on a regular basis. I'm very thankful for all that I have and everytime I splurge on myself I'm reminded of it.

Why would God make such talented designers if he didn't want us to enjoy their talents? :smile:

I too am a Christian and even though I've been very lax about going to church I still feel very close to God and Jesus. I do my best to donate and volunteer and do his works.

I think it's just like anything else - I gamble every once in awhile but am not addicted and don't go overboard. I don't drink but think that drinking in moderation is totally fine (he made wine too!). :smile: