Official M.A.C. Ban Thread '09!!!

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Yes, fellow TPF M.A.C. addicts, the time is here: it's the first day of our M.A.C. ban!!!

(Hopefully you have all hit up your local CCO, M.A.C. counter, or done some internet damage in preparation for this moment). :whistle:

(I personally did all three). :nuts:

Please feel free to post here in order to express your frustration, joy, urgent lip glass cravings, etc. We can support each other and get through this together.

I have a basic question to start off with, though -- what time frame are we aiming for? And is this a total mu ban or can we buy other brands? (I would vote "no" on this last point...seems like a slippery slope...)

Also, what do you all think about using this thread as a forum for sharing tips on how to use the makeup we already own in new ways? (This might help curb the urge to buy the new stuff coming out. ;)

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Well, I for one am glad THE BAN HAS BEGUN!

I was getting a bit out of control too -- visiting MAC counters/stores, attending the MAC Studio Talk, visiting the CCO!

By the way, the CCO had unpacked loads of merch, just not MAC! So, I didn't get Concrete e/s or Entice l/g. I'm not sure they even have more MAC!

In the meantime, I'm happy to actually be using some of the goodies I have bought so far!

Oh yeah - I entered this ban on the understanding that it lasts one month? Yes? Anybody else remember this?

Hi ban buddies! I think LMS mentioned to take it one month at a time. I hope we can hang in there seeing that most of us buy some type of cosmetic product on a weekly basis. I don't think this ban should only be on MAC stuff. It should be any type of cosmetic, excluding gifts. This will help me big time since I'm an equal opportunity mu purchaser. :biggrin:

Hang on to your wallets ladies! It's going to be a bumpy ride! :lol:

Hi ban buddies! I think LMS mentioned to take it one month at a time. I hope we can hang in there seeing that most of us buy some type of cosmetic product on a weekly basis. I don't think this ban should only be on MAC stuff. It should be any type of cosmetic, excluding gifts. This will help me big time since I'm an equal opportunity mu purchaser. :biggrin:

Hang on to your wallets ladies! It's going to be a bumpy ride! :lol:

same here! I think I need to purchase 2 NARS oil free foundation before I can't find it anymore..then I'm all aboard!! my goal is to enjoy what I have and not buy anything until the MAC friends and family sale...yeah..I'll have to take this a month at a time.

Glad to see you both on board, Mx2 and girlygirl!! :smile:

And I agree with the terms of the deal...all MU is banned, except for gifts. However, I have heard a rumor that MAC F&F is coming up...anyone know about this? And what should we do about that?

:sweatdrop:

I am excited about this ban, regardless!!! :yahoo:

I checked my holiday order last year and my order was mid-December. Maybe I got in late but that sounds about right, no? The next MAC collection will be released around Thanksgiving and the one after that is the day after Christmas! We'll be off our ban in time, I think! Just my .02.

....BAN ME. Holy crap, I have spent SO much money recently on cosmetics. It's not even funny. Well... maybe a little. :P

But, I ban myself from makeup purchases until December. This excludes beauty products like shampoo (of course).

This is going to be tough. :sweatdrop:

Count me in! Even though I haven't really been THAT bad. The only thing I'm really craving is nail polish right now. And yes, I had planned to be on the ban until Mac's F&F so I'm cool with whatever you ladies decide. Good luck to all. WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!

I'm here! Thanks so much Lo for starting the thread!!
One month at a time sounds good - and maybe we can celebrate the first month with the MAC F&F (but if is should happen during our ban, I think we should have a discussion on a one day ban break or something...)

I agree, all makeup is on the ban, not just MAC.

Seems this will be harder than I thought, since I opened the SAKS xmas catalog and found a Smokey Eye bag and an under eye cream bag I starting contemplating, only to realize I am on a ban!

It would be fun to discuss different looks we can use to change up our collections while Banned - I have sooo many colors I dont use and would like to!

Good luck ladies!

I really should join this, I have more than enough makeup to last me for years and I still buy more:wtf:, half the stuff I own has only been used a couple times too.
I just made a purchase from sephora.com the other day (couldn't help it), but I'm going to try not to buy anything else until the new year!

I'm in. Not only because I have way more MAC than I will ever use, but I've gone completely bonkers with the shopping lately and could use this ban to build up my money stash again.

Love the idea of using this a kinda of "Project 10 Pan" or "Shop Your Stash" thread so we can use what we have sitting around.

I'm pretty well stocked up on all the essentials and don't anticpate slipping. Plus, I'm hoping my RAOK buddy gets me a little something to tie me over.

My goal is 2 months to start...I think I've definitely got enough essentials to last until then.

Tips (just some ideas to help us):
1. Stay off Temptalia and Specktra. (This will be hard for me, LOVE those sites).
2. Pick up Tips from the FOTD's thread. It's a good way to see different looks and try to recreate them with something in your stash.
3. Weekly, use one product that you've had sitting there but never use. So you bought green eyeshadow on a whim!? Try using it as eyeliner. It's a great pop of color on a neutral eye. Move out of your comfort zone. This is a good way to use products.

That's all I can think of for now...

I am gonna join this little ban... sadly. I need to put money away in savings for next semester and I have spent way too much money in the past few months on cosmetics...*sigh* I hate bans.