Food How often do you eat FAST FOOD?

Jul 18, 2008
I have been seeing some things online about Mcdonald's burgers and fries having enough preservatives in them that they can look editable after 4 years. I also heard a lot after watching the documentary, "Super Size Me".

But do you honestly think fast food is THAT bad for you?

I have to admit that because fast food is very quick and cheap and tastes good, I eat Mcdonalds 3-4 times a week. Am I going to end up killing myself? I dont really gain weight so the weight isnt an issue. Maybe it will eventually catch up with me.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-kitchen/do-you-eat-fastfood-foods-33969.html

no?
To answer your question here, I rarely eat fast foods. I've never tried Wendies, or taco bell. I've tried a small amount of american fast food. I hate their grease, and the food. My family eats out a lot, so I think that is just as bad as eating mcDonalds! LOL.

Yeah, a lot of the normal places people eat like TGIF, Ruby Tuesdays, Olive Garden, Outback, Cracker Barrel and Applebees are worst then eating at Mcdonalds. I love Olive Garden but some of their Alfredo dishes have close to 100 grams of fat.

Eh. I don't think it's that big a deal when you are in college. I think in time your tastes will change anyway, and if they don't, well, your metabolism will slow down and you will have to stop or else start gaining weight.

I eat fast food maybe a couple of times a month. If I eat a lot of fast food, I will start to feel gross and not want to eat it for a long time, so it self-corrects.

In college, a LOT. Since college up until about 4-5 months ago, maybe two or three times a month. Since 4-5 months ago, not at all. I never liked it (well, past the first bite anyway) and ate it strictly out of convenience and don't miss it in the slightest.

Rarely, I may eat it once or twice every few months. The selection isn't so great for me (vegetarian) and I much prefer to spend those calories on something truly delicious ! ;)

Pretty much never...fast foods and processed foods are nonexistent in my diet. The choices we make now certainly have an impact on our health as we age (just like remembering to wear sunscreen, not smoking etc.)

Always. It's fast and convenient and I'm too lazy and busy to cook much. I don't drink, tan or smoke though...so I have at least that in my favor...or something!

I didn't eat it for about a year but I've started to give in. I would say I eat it about once a month. It has to be terrible for you judging by the way i feel after I eat McDonalds.....bloated, like something is STUCK sitting in my stomach but oo my are those fish sandwiches they make delish!

I've really been trying to avoid it. It is like drugs for me; the more I eat it, the more I WANT to eat it. It is almost like the food has addictive qualities and my mind rationalizes why it will be okay to have fast food "just this once."

I recently came to the conclusion that can't be healthy. Craving all sorts of artificial flavors and garbage has to have a negative effect on the body, even if it only means that I will have less appetite for healthier foods. So I have been trying to avoid fast food. When I do feel I have to get a quick bite to eat somewhere convenient and fast I try to get a salad instead of fried foods (although many of those are as bad as the standard menu).

Actually food, at the most once a week. I've been on the Weight Watchers plan since January and once a week I'll allow myself an indulgence meal and most times that means a trip through a drive-thru.

However, I do frequently stop and get drinks from fast food restaurants. My day job sometimes requires me to travel quite a bit and I will often pull through a drive-thru to pick up a drink on my way to where ever I'm going.

Not really. I've never been to McDonalds or any such chain. The occasional (once every 2 years) I might share my BF's fries, frosty or have an ice cream.

I love to cook at home or eat out, but not at fast food chains.

Rarely. Maybe once a month and even then its usually because i'm forced (lol! i hate mall food courts :sad:) I don't like fast food :sad: its really greasy. Fast food for me, is like... a sandwich from the local European bakery or sushi... lol. last time i was in mcdonalds, was like, 4 years ago :sad:

i do have constant chocolate cravings, though. i also love kettle chips. :3

So I guess right now I hold the record for how often I eat fast food. Not really what I wanted to hear. lol

A lot of you are saying that its gross after awhile and that you dont really like the taste. Where are the people like me who could eat it everyday and still not get tired of it. For me the problem is that I love the taste.