Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Also, any time I have called for a repair quote, they REFUSE to tell you over the phone even a "general" price. They tell you that you HAVE to bring in the item for a quote.......so annoying. Especially if it is a simple question like how much it is to replace lining or something.

I called the lV store that replaced the zipper tab for my looping to see if they can replace the rolled handles of my epi sablon, which is now about 6 years old (peeling, discoloration on the underside of the handles). They estimated anywhere from $80 to $350!!! Although for my model (2004), they said probably it will cost about $200. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my purse except for the underside of the handles. They got damaged probably from me wearing it on my arm in the summer time and sweat damaged it! LV does not know their leather the same way as Coach or Chanel (and I have both brands and love them). LV is the best with canvas products only. I think I will try another LV boutique tomorrow to see if they will quote me the same.

I wanted to get my Monogram Noe vachetta replaced but it would cost $700! Outrageous! Forget that. I also bought a new strap for my monogram pouchette; that cost $70.

I called the lV store that replaced the zipper tab for my looping to see if they can replace the rolled handles of my epi sablon, which is now about 6 years old (peeling, discoloration on the underside of the handles). They estimated anywhere from $80 to $350!!! Although for my model (2004), they said probably it will cost about $200. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my purse except for the underside of the handles. They got damaged probably from me wearing it on my arm in the summer time and sweat damaged it! LV does not know their leather the same way as Coach or Chanel (and I have both brands and love them). LV is the best with canvas products only. I think I will try another LV boutique tomorrow to see if they will quote me the same.

Please post back, I'll be interested to hear if you get the same number from another store!

I need the piping replaced on my Speedy 25..
I was quoted $150 AUD.. for EACH piping!
So its all up $300!

I got the tote from a seller in American ,who said she enquired about the piping once, ans was told it could just be PATCHED, no need to replace...

and when she replaced the piping on her Speedy 35.. it was only $75USD...

why is there such a massive price difference?

and it gets sent away for 4 weeks to singapore...

In many cases the product has to be sent off to the repair centre before any qoute is given. This because the workmen there is the only ones who can see what needs to be done on the bag in question.

In some cases it may not seem that big a repair, but they may have to take the bag apart to fix it, or change large parts, and most of the time SA`s dont know more than the client what needs to be done.

Reactions: mpalm4604
****update******

I had been waiting to hear about my Noe...soooo...I decided to call LV Galleria and check on the status. I called yesterday and was told that it had been there since about the end of Nov with no one calling to let me know. :nogood: The SA I spoke with was very sincere and apologized profusely. :angel: Well....My Noe is ready to be picked up which I will have to wait til Wednsday to do. As soon as I pick her up I will download the pics. I'm sooooo anxious I dunno if I can wait til then, but I have to be patient.