Boston

Sounds like so much fun, but 2 weeks too early for me. I will be at the L.A. meet that weekend, though. For anyone who hasn't attended one, I highly recommend it. I have met only great people during these get togethers.

I'm still checking this thread. This Friday is coming up very quickly and have not heard much from many people. If you are interested, please throw some ideas out there.

What about
Friday, October 23?

I keep forgetting to check this thread! I've been busy with work lately and haven't been on too much. Let me know when something firm gets whittled down. The only Friday in October that I definitely can't make it is October 9, which is probably too soon for people to "gather", anyway. Hope all is well with the Boston ladies!

Ladies, I apologize but I think I'm going to have to step out of this one now if it's on the 16th. No one has PM'd me to confirm anything definite, and a good friend of mine asked me to attend an event with her, and I don't want to keep her waiting for an answer any longer, so I've decided to go with her, as this doesn't seem to be moving forward and I don't want to miss out on a great opportunity. :sad: I'll let you ladies discuss if you would like to choose an alternate date or not, and if you do, please let me know, thanks! ;) If you do decide to continue with the 16th, enjoy yourselves and I hope I can make the next one, because it was so much fun the last time and I'd love ot do it again! :smile:

I'm going to Boston in the beginning of April for almost a week, and I need tips on where to stay, what to do and where to eat.
We want to stay in a nice hotel in a good location (nice area), but not more than $350 a night.
and where do we find the best seafood-place in town?

We will travel by car from NYC, so if you have any tips on sites to see on the way I would appreciate that too.

If there are other places in New England that we should see, we are quite flexible and can take day-trips from Boston.

The only thing I am sure of in Boston, is that we are going to walk the campus of Harvard.

Will it be very difficult to get tickets to a Red Sox game the first week of the 2010 season?

Boston is an amazing city - it is walkable - and you will love it! I went to college in Boston and have settled about an hour north. When we go in to town we love the Boston Park Plaza - an older hotel with a lot of history and a great location - one block from the subway, great restaurants, close to the theater district, and a block away from Newbury Street for great shopping.
We also like the Boston Harbor Hotel - beautiful views and a short walking distance to Faneuil Hall and all of the touristy spots.
Then we love the Charles Hotel in Cambridge - great restaurants in the hotel, and close to Harvard Square (you have to go to Burdick's for their white hot chocolate - it is TDF!), and close to the subway into Boston.
You have to do the Duck Tours!
Red Sox tickets will be tough to get, but if you want to PM me, I can let you know where some spots are to get ummm, scalped tickets (I don't sell them, but I know where the sellers hang out). You can get tickets on ebay, but they will be wicked expensive, and if it rains, you are stuck with really expensive tickets.
We are actually going in this weekend for a movie and then pizza in the North End - you have to go to Regina's - the best pizza ever!