Requiem For A Dream

l_choice2001

CoCoa Goddess
May 8, 2006
i had never seen the movie before but i had heard so many good things about it so i finally rented it and i never watched a movie before with my mouth gaped open as i did with this film, it was a such a touching and moving film very well written and filmed ALL the actors played their characthers so well but i was soo disturbing it was so haunting , has anyone else seen it who can confirm i awness :confused1:

requiem for a dream is one of my favorite movies. i know what you mean about it being very haunting, i felt the same way after i watched it for the first time, makes you really think about things.

Awesome, awesome movie. I own it, and I can honestly say that is one of the few movies that I can (and have) see a million times and not get tired of it. All the actors are great.

I dislike this movie. It's so depressing, and the scene at the end is too much. i appreciate it, but its not something I ever want to watch again. Kinda like Gummo. Same thing- it leaves you feeling gross and weird.

Requiem is a very good movie, but sad how young lives can change for the worse depending on their decisions.

Now Gummo - that was a very strange/distrubing movie, but I have to admit, kept my attention. Another weird and even more distrubing movie from the Director of Gummo was Julien Donkey-Boy.

this movie is awesome!!!
i think it's more beautiful than gummo, it's more touchy...
and i also love the scoring and soundtrack... very intense.
i love darren aronofsky's films... can't wait to see the fountain :P

I had a friend that kept saying this was his favorite movie and that I just HAD to see. I had no idea that when it was over I would be so depressed!!!! It was a great movie and told a good story, but wow!!!!!! It was intense!!!!

^ Can it get any weirder than Gummo?? lol What in the world is Julien Donkey-Boy?

It's about a very very very dysfunctional family. Julien (the Donkey Boy) plays one of the sons in the movie. The movie is very hard to find, I had to buy it on ebay half.com. It's hard to believe, but its weirder than Gummo.

It's about a very very very dysfunctional family. Julien (the Donkey Boy) plays one of the sons in the movie. The movie is very hard to find, I had to buy it on ebay half.com. It's hard to believe, but its weirder than Gummo.

Alright, I'm intrigued. I'll have to look for it...although I'm not sure why I do this to myself. :lol: