Need a little info on etoupe...

BagShoeLover

sobra
O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
May SA called yesterday and said that they have a brikin available in the size and leather I want but the color is not the gold that was the no.1 on my list.
What do you guys think of etoupe? Is it a good color? I know that it is very neutral but is it a boring color?:confused1:
Any advice and pics will be greatly appreciated.
I have until tonight to think about it.
TIA

Etoupe can be a great neutral, but personally, I get along MUCH better with the classic Hermes gold. I always gravitate to warmer colors, so Etoupe doesn't "sing" to me. BUT, many of our members LOVE this color and it's timeless. I'd go in and check it out. Buy it if it's love at first sight!

Etoupe can be a great neutral, but personally, I get along MUCH better with the classic Hermes gold. I always gravitate to warmer colors, so Etoupe doesn't "sing" to me. BUT, many of our members LOVE this color and it's timeless. I'd go in and check it out. Buy it if it's love at first sight!

Well stated. I feel the same way.

I think it's best to go in and try the Etoupe on. Good Luck!!!:smile:

I was kind of wishy washy about this color until recently. I just bought a pair of gloves in etoupe and was dumb enough to turn down an Evelyne in this color. Until you see it IRL, you can not make an informed decision. On paper, I would say no to an etoupe bag, however, now I feel differently. I would say that I don't think I would want a really large bag in it like a 25cm or 30cm Birkin or a 28cm Kelly. I think neutrals are trickier than most people realize. You have to match it to your wardrobe and your skin/hair coloring or it will be a washout. Go see the bag if you can and then decide. I do have a gold 30cm Birkin and if I had to choose between the two, I would still go first with the gold. Have I confused you yet:confused1:

I was kind of wishy washy about this color until recently. I just bought a pair of gloves in etoupe and was dumb enough to turn down an Evelyne in this color. Until you see it IRL, you can not make an informed decision. On paper, I would say no to an etoupe bag, however, now I feel differently. I would say that I don't think I would want a really large bag in it like a 25cm or 30cm Birkin or a 28cm Kelly. I think neutrals are trickier than most people realize. You have to match it to your wardrobe and your skin/hair coloring or it will be a washout. Go see the bag if you can and then decide. I do have a gold 30cm Birkin and if I had to choose between the two, I would still go first with the gold. Have I confused you yet:confused1:

Thanks for the advice. I will go in tonight and see if it will sing to me.:yes: