Help please.. I need some opinions!

applescruff1969

Nov 18, 2006
Hi, I'm new here. I've been selling bags on Ebay for a few years now. All my bags come directly from the companies that make them and are sent to my store. I only put the ones that I wasn't able to move in my store up on Ebay. My feedback rating is 100%, and I've never had a problem with any of the bags I've sold. (All of my customers have been very happy.)
Last week I sold a Botkier Trigger bag on Ebay (along with a few other brands), and a buyer with only 1 feedback bought the bag. I didn't think anything of it because she paid with Paypal right away and I sent the bag right out. Last night I got an email from her saying that she doesn't believe that the bag is real because of something with the zippers (they are yyk and not riri). I'm starting to think that she just wants her money back because she doesn't want the bag anymore.
Any suggestions?

She's referring to the brand of the zipper, which you can see on the underside of the zipper base. Usually higher end bags have been using riri or Lampo brand zippers. I'm not sure what kind of zippers Botkier usually uses, but I'm sure others can pipe in.

If the bag isn't real, then of course refund her money and take the bag back. If it is real, and she still insists that it isn't, you may want to take the return to keep your 100% positive feedback.

The bag is deffinately real. (unless Botkier is knocking off their own bags). I have the invoice from when the bags were shipped to me, which has Botkier's letterhead on it. That's going to have to do. I guess the zippers are different now on the Turbo Trigger bags... I don't know...

So now what should I do? I sent her the invoice, she says I could have bought that online. This whole thing is totally ridiculous. She says she wants a full refund or I get negative feedback. I'm not taking that bag back because I know it's going to be either a fake bag, or the bag will have been damaged. I also do not want to give her a full refund and have to eat the Ebay fee and the Paypal fee when I know that without a doubt, 100% the bag is real. I can't believe I'm going to lose my feedback rating over this.

You should not back down to blackmail and should email her and say you do not like being blackmailed regarding feedback and say you are forwarding her email to ebay, and do so. No one should be held hostage over feedback. If you are 100% sure the bag is not a fake and as you say have an invoice to prove it then start a dispute with ebay to get your listing fees back

You should not back down to blackmail and should email her and say you do not like being blackmailed regarding feedback and say you are forwarding her email to ebay, and do so. No one should be held hostage over feedback. If you are 100% sure the bag is not a fake and as you say have an invoice to prove it then start a dispute with ebay to get your listing fees back

ITA :yes: !

So now what should I do? I sent her the invoice, she says I could have bought that online. This whole thing is totally ridiculous. She says she wants a full refund or I get negative feedback. I'm not taking that bag back because I know it's going to be either a fake bag, or the bag will have been damaged. I also do not want to give her a full refund and have to eat the Ebay fee and the Paypal fee when I know that without a doubt, 100% the bag is real. I can't believe I'm going to lose my feedback rating over this.

Sorry you have to go through this. I've had three people do this to me. They used Paypal against me because the jeans they bought from me didn't fit. They threatened to leave -ve and say the jeans were fake and file a Paypal dispute unless I provided a refund. I lost all 3 cases with Paypal (they suck). 2/3 came back fine. The third came back used. I tried not to back down...but Paypal gave me no choice.

I have a Chloe bag to sell which I bought from NAP. I'm too scared to list on eBay. :sad: I might get a fake one in returned. After past bad experiences with Paypal, I don't want to risk it with a 1.5K bag. Sorry I'm no help. I do know where you're coming from though. I hope it works out.

This is exactly what's wrong with eBay. Innocent people get stepped on and robbed by theives with help from Paypal.