White L.A.M.B. (LeSportsac LAMB) Cleaning...?

jennums

Drinking Divas
Aug 8, 2008
Hi! I was reading over the LAMB Rehab thread and didn't really find anything that answered my question.

I have a LAMB Lotta Coin Wallet. It's white w/ black writing. I bought it recently knowing that it was a bit dingy... but the person who sold it to me only wanted $25, so I figured, why the hell not!

The coloring isn't HORRENDOUS. I can't even get the color to show in pics, really.. BUT.. it is quite obviously several shades yellower than it used to be. The piece that hides under the snap closure is very white, but the rest is like... beige.

I generally use "All" detergent..and I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, and I just feel like it hasn't gotten any better.

I keep reading that baking soda can help to turn whiten white nylon.. well they keep saying baking soda/vinegar, but I'm nervous that it will hurt the black lettering.

Anyone have any advice? Your help is greatly appreciated!

I rehabilitated a white Lesportsac bag.

Buy a bottle of Oxyclean and let it soak in it for about 15 minutes.
Put the wallet in a pillowcase and tie the top. Wash it on gentle cycle with cold water.
Air dry

You should see noticeable improvement.

Good luck!

:yes: Oxyclean rocks!!

I just used it to clean out a bag, that um, well, nasty isn't even a good word. A good soak and scrubbing of the tougher stains and it's all better.

The only thing I think it won't get out is ink.

I feel like the fabric has become discolored from washing it?

I am going to pick up a bottle of Oxy Clean today. Doesn't it come in powder and liquid form? Which would be best?

I must have wash it like 50 times in the last two days... that poor thing is all beat up now and nothing has helped.

I've used All laundry detergent, Shout Stain Remover, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and baking soda. Still nothing...

It's not really dirty... it's more like... discolored. Ugh... hopefully Oxy Clean will work.

Use the liquid - it seems to be better at washing bags IMO. Are you washing by hand or in the machine? I'd use the delicate cycle if the machine since it's been washed a few times already.

I tend to use a blow-dryer with just cold air to dry so that it doesn't "spot" and dries faster.

Use the liquid - it seems to be better at washing bags IMO. Are you washing by hand or in the machine? I'd use the delicate cycle if the machine since it's been washed a few times already.

I tend to use a blow-dryer with just cold air to dry so that it doesn't "spot" and dries faster.

I've been washing it by hand and scrubbing it with a toothbrush. I feel like the white is becoming more yellow as I keep washing it. I will grab some liquid Oxyclean... soak it... and try drying it with the cool function on my hair dryer. Maybe I'll have some luck.

I mean... I didn't pay that much for it, so if it stays discolored, I won't die... but I would like to get it to be as white as possible. Someone had said that maybe I should use really diluted bleach, but I just think that's a disaster waiting to happen.

I would definitely not use bleach. It may ruin some places of the bag and cause further yellowing.

Do the Oxyclean liquid soak, then wash inside of a pillowcase on cold (and gentile cycle), then let air dry.

I've done the above and had yellowing removed/greatly diminished.

Ugh...

Everytime I air dry it, it gets these black water stains on it, and the yellow is still the same. I've washed it so much, I think the cardboard in the wallet is going to deteriorate completely.

Did you soak your bags in pure oxyclean, diluted in water or mixed with laundry detergent?

I may just have to give up and just live with the yellowness... thanks for your help, though!! :smile:

Soaked in 100% Oxyclean for ~15 minutes or so.
Placed in a pillowcase with the top tied to keep the item inside and washed with detergent and the container of oxyclean on cold, gentle cycle.
Air dry.

Have you thought about taking it to a professional drycleaner or a place that does purse restoration/cleaning?

Ugh...

Everytime I air dry it, it gets these black water stains on it, and the yellow is still the same. I've washed it so much, I think the cardboard in the wallet is going to deteriorate completely.

Did you soak your bags in pure oxyclean, diluted in water or mixed with laundry detergent?

I may just have to give up and just live with the yellowness... thanks for your help, though!! :smile:

Have you tried to blow dry it on cool/low heat?? This may take away the spots and yellowing.

CeruleanGirl: I have thought about taking it to the dry cleaners, I need to ask around to see if any of my friends know any good ones. I'm not aware of any purse restoration place near me.

yvalenz: Yes, I tried to dry the wallet on cool, and it didn't leave any spots, but it still came out yellow. :sad: