DISGUSTED - Item SIGNIFICANTLY not as described - RANT!

Oct 30, 2006
Can I post things not related to purses here? But I just need a rant, because I am so :cursing: about an item I purchased and I want to :crybaby:....

I purchased a dress described by the seller as BNWT. I paid by bank transfer because most sellers in Australia don't accept Paypal due to the high bank fees.

Anyway, I received the dress today and it is so far from being new that I believe the charities will not want it for the poor! It is so disgusting I am lost for words - I don't understand how anyone could do this to another person. Not only was the dress stained with makeup - which I was annoyed about but could have handled...but it was stained with BLOOD on the back of the dress which could only mean one thing... her period stains!

:yucky:

How can anyone do this??? The least she could have done was dry clean it! I have sent her an email demanding my money back. Will eBay assist in such situations? I've purchased things before where sellers have misrepresented the condition of the item - but never to this extreme. The dress was not cheap either! I paid over $200 for it...which is below retail price, but that doesn't mean I deserve a period stained dress!!!

:cry:

So sorry it happened to you. I had melted toffee in a bag I received, so I share your disgust and frustration. I can live with toffee stains, but period stains?!? :throwup: I hope you get your money back.

Thank you for all your support! I am so glad I found this forum. :smile:

Anyway, the seller has agreed to a refund. I hope she keeps her word. But I will be sending it back to her using the "cash on delivery" service, just in case. It took her a while to provide me with her address, but it's definitely going back on Monday.

This is her initial response to my complaint:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
In my opinion it was in new condition, ( -sorry but it HAD definitely been drycleaned) and its pretty known that ebay buying cant always live up to expectation.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]If it was BNWT, why would she need dry clean it??? Busted!

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]It's a gorgeous dress, that I think was sold at a bargain price- so no worries I'll refund your money and happily have my dress back. All I can think is got battered in mailing? and I hope it comes back in the same condition. But I am sorry that both our time has been wasted=( Anna
Forward me your bank details, and ill refund it asap.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]
Battered in mailing? How do you get blood stains and makeup while in the post???! My postman must have worn it!

I would post pics here, but I think you would be grossed out! Now I have to pick up that disgusting thing and pack it. :sick:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]

Make sure you send it back with a record of it being returned from the post office, you do not want her saying she has not received it.
Awful thing to have happen so sorry.
Love the bit about the Postman wearing it, did make me laugh

You have to BEWARE. Use only PayPal, because by bank transfer, you are not protected. You got lucky the seller agreed! Be sure to leave a negative feedback as nasty as the dress!

omg ew!!! I wouldnt have even touched it, thats so dishonest and absolutely discusting, and we havent seen it, so it must be far worst looking at it! Im happy everything worked out for you though..