mollie/jaquetta?

crystal tips

Aug 16, 2009
hi , sorry if this seems like a silly question but i am new to this bag bug, are the mollie and the jaquetta the same bags ? they look the same to me but maybe you experts can help. thanks, crystal :biggrin:

Mollie has holes punched out in the straps around the bag. Mollie is fastened with a zip. Mollie straps are longer and are rolled but the bit that goes on the shoulder is flat. Mollie is lined.

Jacquetta - magnetic fastening. Flat straps. Unlined. Old style jacquetta has buckles on the front straps that go down the bag.
newer style Jacquetta (2008/9 version)lacks the buckles on the straps on the front of the bag, straps attach to the bag at the bottom instead of going around it and have quality control issue with reference to the internal piping sticking into the interior of the bag.

So in summary- there are 3 different but v similar bags
1) old style jacquetta (I own)
2) Mollie (zip up version with longer shoulder strap)
3) New style jacquetta (I owned and had to send bag due to problem with internal piping)

Hope this helps!!!!

Last edited:
Mollie has holes punched out in the straps around the bag. Mollie is fastened with a zip. Mollie straps are longer and are rolled but the bit that goes on the shoulder is flat. Mollie is lined.

Jacquetta - magnetic fastening. Flat straps. Unlined. Old style jacquetta has buckles on the front straps that go down the bag.
newer style Jacquetta (2008/9 version)lacks the buckles on the straps on the front of the bag, straps attach to the bag at the bottom instead of going around it and have quality control issue with reference to the internal piping sticking into the interior of the bag.

So in summary- there are 3 different but v similar bags
1) old style jacquetta (I own)
2) Mollie (zip up version with longer shoulder strap)
3) New style jacquetta (I owned and had to send bag due to problem with internal piping)

Hope this helps!!!!
wow you know your stuff ;) that certainly does help- thanks alot

Oh my.... ooooh my.... Im afraid im forming a strong crush on the Jacquetta (or Molly, undecided), I hope for my wallets sake that it doesnt end up as a proper love connection.....

It looks to me that the Mollie might be a tiny bit smaller then the Jacquetta? Would anyone care to post more pictures of the two, also of the insides would be mostly appreciated.

This forum is bad, bad news.... But, if one of these end up being my next purchase, thats in a long while after alot of saving...
(Or maybe ill be strong enough and keep it a crush...)

I took the day off, so had some time to make some pictures.
If you want additional ones, please let me know!

Here is choc Mollie.
As you can see she has a zip on top and there are no straps to change the bag opening.
Handles are partly rolled and are larger than the handles of the Jacquetta.
Mollie is lined, there are 2 internal pockets, 1 with zipper.

Attachments

• Mollie front.JPG
    Mollie front.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Mollie back.JPG
    Mollie back.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Mollie inside.JPG
    Mollie inside.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 292
Here is black Jacquetta, unlined with 1 internal pocket that closes with a zipper. She does not have the metal disc inside (my oak one does have the disc) Jacquetta closes with magnetic popper and has straps to change the opening.

Attachments

• Black Jacquetta front.JPG
    Black Jacquetta front.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Black Jacquetta back.JPG
    Black Jacquetta back.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 325
  • Black Jacquetta inside 1.JPG
    Black Jacquetta inside 1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Black Jacquetta inside 2.JPG
    Black Jacquetta inside 2.JPG