Any parrot owners?

You should be able to tell when she gets a little older- my first lovebird was a lutino (which it looks like yours is? or possibly a yellow) and he developed a very bright forehead.

Beaker likes to hang upside down, too. We call him bat bird. Sometimes he amuses himself by doing flips around his perch. One time I counted 15 rotations. :lol:

He also really likes to ring his bell. One time my friend came over with her 10 month old baby, and he had a toy that had a bell on it. He kept shaking it to ring it, and Beaker would ring his bell, and they both rang bells for a really long time. My friend was like "see, your bird and my baby get along great!" haha

I think she might turn out into a boy.

She... well, it... is a bit timid at first. But a little bit of music, and the squeaks and flips start.
I'm just a bit concerned because she doesn't seem to sleep.

Attachments

• Lace-Wing.jpg
    Lace-Wing.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Laci-Lu-portrait.jpg
    Laci-Lu-portrait.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 27
Here is my new baby! I just got her 3 weeks ago. Let me introduce my Lutino Pearl Cockatiel, Laci-Lu. My first cockatiel, Teila passed away July 2 http://forum.purseblog.com/animalicious/bird-lovers-i-need-your-help-i-am-481000.html and my heart was just so empty without a bird to love. I am enjoying Laci-Lu. She is 4 months old.

Congratulations! She's adorable!

336- we cover our birds cage at the same time each night. If its dark and quiet, she'll go to sleep. Now about a half hour before bed Beaker starts grinding his beak and fluffing out his feathers. Then we put him back in his cage and cover him and he clicks and grinds and falls asleep.

I just clipped Coco's wings and now she looks so confused. :sad:

Ony the plus side she's not that afraid of me now... I think... After I let her go in my hands she ran up my arm and hid in my hair.

I feel so bad for clipping her wings, she's always ruffling her feathers now. :sad:

It's only been ten minutes I suppose.

Gonna post another pic of my sweetie that makes me smile... I've never posed him with my bags because I worry about poop or damaging bites, but while we were cleaning the kitchen I had my camera out taking pics of him playing in a drawer and he hopped onto my bag! So I got some pictures really quick... had to stop when he spied some keys inside and dove in!

Attachments

• DSC01200_2.jpg
    DSC01200_2.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 52
Here's my devil bird!

headtilt2.jpg

the ombre effect of his feathers is just gorgeous!

OMG I love all your parrots. This is Oscar, he is a twelve year old yellow headed amazon that we have had since he was 7 months. He talks non stop and loves to call people in the house by name. He is such a character.
View attachment 380154

View attachment 380155

I had one of these growing up. He was... mean, to say the least. I have a scar on my lip to prove it from when I was giving him "sugar" and he decided to latch on! He did talk A LOT. He would sound exactly like my mother and call us, call the dog, and laugh just like her. He had an affinity to cuss words as well even though they were not spoken in our house much at all. AND to top it off he learned the air horn. You could hear him streets over. Looking back I bet our neighbors hated us!