PLEASE HELP-eternity band dilemma-need advice

Thanks-do you find the band rubs in between your fingers? Mine is rubbing and driving me a little nuts (obviously). Do you get used to the rubbing?

I haven't worn it yet (wedding not for a few more months), just tried it on a few times to decide if I should keep.

I do love the ring and it's a valid point about the fingers getting bigger as I age-that is what I thought, too.(but I'm already soon to be 45 in a few months).

It's a lot of $$ to be unsure, so I guess that's why I needed opinions-thanks for putting up with my indecisiveness:hugs:

i have an eternity bubble diamond ring (see pics below) and when i first got it, it drove me insane it bothered me so much, especially with the diamonds sticking out. but after time, i got used to it and now it's as though it doesn't rub me anymore (when clearly, it still does). i think after time, you will get used to it like anything else.

your ring is gorgeous, btw.

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

i have an eternity bubble diamond ring (see pics below) and when i first got it, it drove me insane it bothered me so much, especially with the diamonds sticking out. but after time, i got used to it and now it's as though it doesn't rub me anymore (when clearly, it still does). i think after time, you will get used to it like anything else.

your ring is gorgeous, btw.

Thank you! So is yours-soooo unusual and I love all the bezel set diamonds.:smile:

I appreciate the advice from everyone (again!) and I still haven't decided if I just want it remade. Even if it is made one diamond less than it is now, I think it would make a huge difference. My finger size has only changed once in my life (from a 4 to a 4.5), and even when I was heavier than now it was still a 4.5).:P

It can be a little tricky when you don't have the exact match - my engagement ring and wedding band are the same exact size, but the engagement ring has a knife edge and the wedding band is not. It bothered me a little at first because it did feel a little strange, but you get used to it after time ... so I would go with what feels and looks right to you ... could you try the smaller size in a store with your engagement ring?

Your engagement ring is beautiful ... did you pick it?

Thank you! So is yours-soooo unusual and I love all the bezel set diamonds.:smile:

I appreciate the advice from everyone (again!) and I still haven't decided if I just want it remade. Even if it is made one diamond less than it is now, I think it would make a huge difference. My finger size has only changed once in my life (from a 4 to a 4.5), and even when I was heavier than now it was still a 4.5).:P

thank you!!!!

after seeing that blown up picture that i posted, i realized how my ring is badly in need of a polishing. :s

It can be a little tricky when you don't have the exact match - my engagement ring and wedding band are the same exact size, but the engagement ring has a knife edge and the wedding band is not. It bothered me a little at first because it did feel a little strange, but you get used to it after time ... so I would go with what feels and looks right to you ... could you try the smaller size in a store with your engagement ring?

Your engagement ring is beautiful ... did you pick it?

Thank you! Yes, I picked it-my poor fiance doesn't have a clue about jewelry, so we discussed it and decided it was best that I take care of it (with his approval for the final decision, of course!). Same with the eternity band.

As for his band, I have to get him a plain polished gold band, 6mm with no diamonds or embellishment, etc at all. I may get the inside engraved, though with something nice as a surprise.

Oh, and I forgot-I couldn't try on a smaller size because no one carries small sizes in eternity bands-every place told me they had to special ordered. I had to try and imagine with a size 6.5-7 : (

Personally, I think it looks too big from your pics. You are obviously having doubts so I think you need to return it or it will always bother you. I ordered a platinum eternity band in a size 5.5 because that is what I thought I wore. It definitely fit, but was just a teeny tiny big where in the winter if I was freezing cold, I believed it may fall off. I exchanged it for a size 5 and it made the PERFECT difference!

Personally, I think it looks too big from your pics. You are obviously having doubts so I think you need to return it or it will always bother you. I ordered a platinum eternity band in a size 5.5 because that is what I thought I wore. It definitely fit, but was just a teeny tiny big where in the winter if I was freezing cold, I believed it may fall off. I exchanged it for a size 5 and it made the PERFECT difference!

Thank you for your honesty-I kinda think the same thing. I am calling the place today and want to speak with them about re-doing it to the size I really am (and ordered), which is a 4.5. I didn't want a matching band that fits exactly flush with my e-ring, but I def don't want my band sticking out above and beyond the e-ring band.

If my fingers do get bigger with age, I will deal with it then-I want to wear the ring in the present (December) and not think about 10+ years from now whether my fingers will be bigger!

I have hesitated sending it back because I wanted to see how it fit during different times of the day, esp morning when sometimes my fingers are swollen. They are swollen right now and the ring is still too big. My e-ring is snug but not uncomfortable. I guess I just like tighter rings with less wiggle room.:smile:

Ok, so I finally sent my eternity ring back 3 weeks ago and I got the correct size back today-it's PERFECT!! It doesn't rub against my fingers anymore and doesn't stick out from the bottom of my e-ring either-I made the right decision to have them correct the size to 4 1/2 (what I ordered in the first place)

THANK YOU to everyone who posted an opinion here. I don't know what my problem is that I felt bad for returning something that was clearly their mistake...