Balenciaga says DONT USE Apple Leather Care

twist_of_fate

May 17, 2008
Everyone on here is raving about the apple products yet everyone i have spoke to in the stores, say we shouldnt be putting anything on our bags.

The stuff cant be that bad if everyone swears by them. So now not sure what to do.

They're probably trained to say that, so they assume zero liability if by any chance they get damaged. Balenciaga is just protecting their butts. Most times it feels like SAs don't know what they're talking about, or not as knowledgeable as the people here on the lovely PF. :P

Wow. I just got my first 2 bags and put Apple moisturizer all over them. There was some color on the rag in both cases, but I didn't notice any discoloration to the bags after I was through.

I uses Apple Care on my bbags! Nothing happened to them tho.. :P

I hope to buy the Weiman Leather Wipes Roey recommended but I can't find any locally and it's almost impossible to ship them over in a cost effective manner..

Reactions: sandicat3
I've used Wilson's on all my Bbags (and my other brands too) with great results. It's water/stain repellent and I've not had any issues with it on any bag.

So should i try and get some then? Thats if i find anywhere that sells it lol. Not sure what to do for the best. Its true that most SA no nothing compared to the people on here :smile:

There is a site you can buy apple products from over here, but i forget what it's called, i always use and recommend Russell and Bromley handbag cream on my bbags, it's great stuff, i believe they do a protectant too.

There is a site you can buy apple products from over here, but i forget what it's called, i always use and recommend Russell and Bromley handbag cream on my bbags, it's great stuff, i believe they do a protectant too.

Where do you get the Russell and Bromley stuff from?

Or if you can find the wesbite for the apple products.. I'd be really grateful :smile:

Agree w missty - I think Bal is just trained to say don't use anything rather than to accept liability for recommending usage for a product that doesn't belong to them.

I have used AG conditioner on a few bags with no issues whatsoever. Same goes for LMB products.