Colored contacts?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I was thinking of getting a pair of colored contacts for fun! I have hazel eyes.
I was thinking of getting a blue or a green, maybe a pale blue or green.

Last time I tried on colored contacts the colored part would get in the way of my pupil so I would have blurred vision a bit. But that was a looooong time ago and I don't know the brand-- are they ALL like that? My regular contacts I can't tell when they move but they pretty much look like they are in the same perfect position. I use the acuvue oasis.

Any good brands to request a sample of? I am actually going this weekend to the eye doctor for my regular eye exam.

Hi! I wear colored contacts - have for years! I wear Acuvue2 enchancers
http://www.1800contacts.com/lens/acuvue-2-colours.htm.
They don't change my eyecolor just give it a bit more pop. The opaque contacts have the center iris part uncolored which always bothered me because I could see it when looking in the mirror. The enchancers are solid color so no show through. Last time I was at my eye doctor she said she'd thought they were going to discontinue colored contacts. If that's the case, I'll stock up for a few years supply and hope my rx doesn't change much! :graucho:

I just googled pics on those, that seems like an excellent way to go! So the "tunnel vision" kind of thing is still around with the dramatic colors? Or just really noticeable still?

I really like this idea... I didn't know there were ones like these! I'm really excited about this!
So looking through these, is it just like looking through regular plain contacts? You don't see color or any change?

I have no clue what color I would get to enhance... my eyes are mostly brown, barely green in them. I would imagine trying to get the green to pop would be the step I'd take, sounds fun!

I also tried FreshLook brand colors and they were VERY drying for my eyes. When I wear the enhancers I see no color hue (only when I tried the opaques did I have that problem). They slightly change your eye color and are noticeable but won't make brown eyes blue. My daughter has hazel eyes and wears green enhancers and they make her eyes a pretty shade of green. I think the green would compliment your green accents well. I have blue/green eyes. When I wear green enhancers they're way too green almost creepy. The blue enhancers make my eyes a soft shade of deep blue but still natural looking. My other daughter just got contacts and the eye doctor did have non rx samples in the office to try on in the 3 enhancer colors (didn't ask about any other brand). So I'd check with your eye doctor about sample colors.

I was thinking of getting a pair of colored contacts for fun! I have hazel eyes.
I was thinking of getting a blue or a green, maybe a pale blue or green.

Last time I tried on colored contacts the colored part would get in the way of my pupil so I would have blurred vision a bit. But that was a looooong time ago and I don't know the brand-- are they ALL like that? My regular contacts I can't tell when they move but they pretty much look like they are in the same perfect position. I use the acuvue oasis.

Any good brands to request a sample of? I am actually going this weekend to the eye doctor for my regular eye exam.

FreshLook the most attractive and natural looking. I wore them for years.

The colored contacts are a neat idea in theory, but they just don't look natural enough for me. The colored contacts that seem to work the best are the ones that enhance lighter colored eyes rather than the ones that try to completely change a darker eye color (like changing brown eyes to blue for example). However, even as southpaw mentioned, some of the enhancer colors are just too bright and creepy-looking.

I just googled pics on those, that seems like an excellent way to go! So the "tunnel vision" kind of thing is still around with the dramatic colors? Or just really noticeable still?

I have no clue what color I would get to enhance... my eyes are mostly brown, barely green in them. I would imagine trying to get the green to pop would be the step I'd take, sounds fun!
IMO yes, the "tunnel vision" thing is still noticeable with the colored contacts, unless your pupils are *really* dilated or you have extremely dark eyes.

If you have really light brown/hazel eyes, the Freshlook Color Enhancers will work. They don't have the pupil hole in the middle, it's like a sheer tinted lens that goes over your whole eye, so it looks a LOT more natural! My sister has light hazel eyes, and she's worn the aqua and green ones, which make her eyes look greener. My one friend has very light brown eyes and the green enhancers make his eyes look green, too. It's just not a light bluish green, it's a hazelish green. Very pretty though and you'd never guess they're wearing colored contacts. IMO the enhancers only look fake on people who already have very light eyes that are blue or gray.