Waiting list for Birkin...how often should I call to check status?

npps

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I placed an order for a 30cm Birkin Togo/Palladium, first colour pref is raisin, second is Hermes’ signature orange followed by blue jean. I was told to wait minimum 2 to 3 years and to be prepared to wait longer than that.

Could you please share your experience on the process while waiting? Do you call to check and to make sure you are still on the list? If so, how often should you call them?

Please also note which country you placed your order as I am told it makes a difference. I placed my order in Australia.

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Things work a little differently in my neck of the woods... I simply told my SA what color(s) I wanted, and she promised to keep a lookout for me. Whenever I went down (about fortnightly/monthly), I'd casually ask for updates, but I tried not to call as it would be rather frustrating for the SAs.

I think popping by occasionally to look/buy other things, and then also asking about the status of your Birkin is ok, but not excessive calling.

Things work a little differently in my neck of the woods... I simply told my SA what color(s) I wanted, and she promised to keep a lookout for me. Whenever I went down (about fortnightly/monthly), I'd casually ask for updates, but I tried not to call as it would be rather frustrating for the SAs.

I think popping by occasionally to look/buy other things, and then also asking about the status of your Birkin is ok, but not excessive calling.

Thanks, pyrexia! I live in WA though...so not able to go into the store in person. I did not want to annoy the SA by calling too often. I suppose I will call them once every 6 to 8 months or maybe a year just to let them know I am serious about buying that bag and that I am still interested. Actually I am willing to pay and wait....but they don't want any payment until the bag arrives.

How do you ladies feel about getting on multiple lists at different H stores. Will this increase your chances or hurt you? Do all the stores go into one master list?