How to Buy?

debk

Jul 13, 2009
I want to get my first BV bag, a large Veneta in Nero. I do not live near any major Dept stores or BV boutiques. Should I just drive the 6 hours to the nearest BV boutique, buy it over the phone from a BV boutique, or buy from an internet site.
I am a little reluctant to buy sight unseen after reading some of the threads about fake BV's from major department stores.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Debra

Hi Debk - I have bought from BV online and over the phone, and both ways worked wonderfully. If you already know what you want, then I would suggest buying directly from a BV boutique. BV online is not charging for shipping at the moment!!!

^^I agree. If you can and want the experience, try to get to a boutique. If that is not possible, I would buy directly from BV online or call them. That way, you know you are getting the real thing! Good Luck!

Welcome Debra! If there is no BV shop in your state, you won't be charged sales tax either! I have that advantage living in North Carolina, but buying my bags either in Chicago or Virginia (Tyson's near DC).

Have you tried on a Veneta in the past?

Yes, I have tried on a BV bag before, my mother has the medium Veneta. Though I have not tried on the large Veneta, being 5'6" I think this may be the better choice after trying my mothers on.

I did not know you can order from BV online, I thought I would have to call one of the boutiqes.

Thanks for all the advice I am glad i found tPF, it is a great site.

Deb

Hi Deb, when you order online from BV, you will be contacted by Ana. She is really great and a pleasure to deal with. Good luck and I think a Nero large veneta is the perfect choice!!!!!

BV boutiques will take returns but the time limit isn't as generous as department stores. I think it may be 10 days or 2 weeks. Online, I returned a pair of shoes once, so they accept returns/exchanges also.

Debra, I'm 5'5", and the large Veneta is the right size for me, so I think you are making the best choice.

debk - Congratulations! I do not have a BV boutique in my state, so I have consequently purchased from the BV website as well as over the phone from boutiques.

For your first bag, it might be worth the drive. But I think at least with BV internet or dept store you can return, you might also save tax. But there is nothing like checking out a bag in person, especially if you are picky.