Can I have too many silver bags?

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
Hmmmm....I was doing a little inventory on my collection and noticed: 1. I must love metallic bags! lol and 2. I have 3 silver coach bags!

They are my new to me silver pleated hobo, silver zoe and platinum (silver) bridgit. Now, why do I need this many silver bags??? I loooooove my silver pleated hobo and it took forever to find it (will NOT get rid of it!), I love the zoe pouch (bought it for my honeymoon in maui--10 days!--) cuz its the perfect size and love the leather on her. The platinum bridgit is a stunning bag and I'd wear it on an everyday level (im the person who always wears a metallic bag during the day with any outfit---I totally consider it a neutral! :P) but isn't big enough for all my crap! Therefore she kinda got put in a 'special occiasion' catagory for that reason alone. But here's the thing: I never use miss bridgit! I've used her a handful of times and she's stunning but never sees the light of day often enough for me to justify how much I spent on her, kwim? What should I do? Even hubby says to keep her, and he actually HATES it when I sell my bags. He says "you're finally happy with your collection, why sell it?" (I love him :love:). BUT, I could really use the cash too. UGH! She's soooo pretty. Do I really need 3 silver bags??????:wacko: :noggin: Is :peace: enough?lol

Well if you don't wear the bridgit, why let it sit there if you could use the extra cash to get for her, KWIM? I don't think you have a lot of silver or metallics in your collection... if you are happy w/that particular color, then there isn't anything wrong w/it. In the end its all up to what you think since your the one carrying the bags... :biggrin:

I also consider metallic bags as neutrals. I can't bring myself to carry a colorful bag - red, green, etc., even though I love them on other people. Metallic is my way of adding color.

If you're not going to carry the Brigit I would sell it. I've learned that virtually every bag is available to buy again later if you really want it again.

Let us know what you decide!

^ thanks guys! Yeah, the rational side of my brain agrees: if I'm not gonna use her, sell her. But the other irrational side disagrees when I feel the leather and look at her pretty hardware!!! LOL ....i need help.....any coachie psychiatrists out there?:noggin::girlwhack:

I am a Brigit Junky. I have the Purple and the Green. I almost purchased the silver but I stopped myself..

I think that if you get rid of the brigit you will regret it she is an amazing bag, a rare bag like the Gigi, Lilly & Ali.

I know that her size only alows for her to be an occassion bag to on those occasions she is amazing..

Funds are tight at my house also but the resale on my Bags are so bad due to the economy that even great bags, like the Brigit do not go for much and it is a shame to sell her.

She is very hard to find on Ebay or Bonanzle and very expensive..

I am a Brigit Junky. I have the Purple and the Green. I almost purchased the silver but I stopped myself..

I think that if you get rid of the brigit you will regret it she is an amazing bag, a rare bag like the Gigi, Lilly & Ali.

I know that her size only alows for her to be an occassion bag to on those occasions she is amazing..

Funds are tight at my house also but the resale on my Bags are so bad due to the economy that even great bags, like the Brigit do not go for much and it is a shame to sell her.

She is very hard to find on Ebay or Bonanzle and very expensive..

You know what? I thought of that!!! I've sold and re-bought bags before and don't want to regret selling her for a fraction of what I paid....I already regret selling my platinum Lily :sad:

Platinum Lily- sold!!!!! That is a crime so gorgeous...

But in reallty when funds are tight we do what we need to. I love, love my bags they are my only addiction but my family and their needs are first... All I am saying is think about it because once a bag like this is gone getting her back is hard.

Yeah, I sold her....I bought it on an impulse (at $250 no less!!!!!! Still punching myself, btw...) but then when I had second thoughts I knew it was time to sell cuz i was almost due with Lily (my daughter, not the bag! lol) and thought it would be too much, carrying the diaper bag around with a big heavy bag like the platinum lily. :cry: *sigh* Live and learn I guess. :cry::crybaby:

Since you love the Bridget, I say keep her for special occasions. She looks like she would go with just about anything, and that can save money in the future since you won't be having to buy other special occasion bags for weddings or parties, KWIM?

I tend to agree w/ your husband. The 3 bags are different from each other, even if they are similar colors. Plus, every woman needs at least one good special occasion bag and Bridgit fits this requirement very nicely. It's larger than most small clutches so you can carry all of the essentials for that special evening out.

totally get what you're thinking hun..
well, u know what..
i always figured that if i don't use it, and i need the cash, might as well let others who wants it, buy it from me.. get it?
as i always keep in mind that i can get it later along the way when i have the extra funds to do so.. i believe life is a cycle and in the future, somebody else will be selling it wanting cash and i might be the one buying it.. haha!
life is too short to pause and think.. let's just move on and enjoy it! :tup:

hmm.. now u get me thinking..
maybe i should sell one of the three black bags i have to perhaps fund the blue.. hmmm...:graucho:

totally get what you're thinking hun..
well, u know what..
i always figured that if i don't use it, and i need the cash, might as well let others who wants it, buy it from me.. get it?
as i always keep in mind that i can get it later along the way when i have the extra funds to do so.. i believe life is a cycle and in the future, somebody else will be selling it wanting cash and i might be the one buying it.. haha!
life is too short to pause and think.. let's just move on and enjoy it! :tup:

hmm.. now u get me thinking..
maybe i should sell one of the three black bags i have to perhaps fund the blue.. hmmm...:graucho:

LOL I like the way you think!:P

The post by Purse Cursed is too funny!!! My sister would kill me but whenever she comes to visit, she has her clothes in a garbage bag. She also brings her mail/bills in a plastic bag. She says it is easier to pack and then she usually goes through her mail and tosses out the junk and sorts her bills!!

Lynne:lolots:

Afterall, if how it looks wasn't important, I could simply carry my stuff in a garbage bag for free!
The post by Purse Cursed is too funny!!! My sister would kill me but whenever she comes to visit, she has her clothes in a garbage bag. She also brings her mail/bills in a plastic bag. She says it is easier to pack and then she usually goes through her mail and tosses out the junk and sorts her bills!!

Lynne:lolots:

seriously? she did that? bwahahahahhaa..