Malseb Pledget wipes on backorder EVERYWHERE?

shaurin

O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
We use the Malseb pledget wipes on our bullie's folds to prevent yeast and bacteria buildup. I've been trying to place an order online and they seem to be backordered everywhere. Can anyone recommend a place online that has them in stock currently? TIA!

I have never heard of them but I want them!!! My pug has the same nose fold grossness sometimes.

I have 3 pugs and use them wipes on them often. They are wonderful. Next time you go to the vet just ask if they have them.

I also put some kind of ointment (forget the name because the stuff is at home) that my vet gave me to put on my pugs nose wrinkles after I clean with the Malaseb wipes. I just squirt a little on my finger and rub it in the wrinkle crease. It is like a miracle ointment. One of my pugs used to suffer from really bad wrinkle infections no matter how much I cleaned them. I ended up taking her to another vet and they prescribed this ointment and her wrinkles haven't been infected since. It's been about a year and a half now. If I see it starting to get puffy, I'll put the ointment on and the next day it is all better. It is good for dirty/yeasty ears too.

i hadn't heard of these. What exactly are they for? I have a shih tzu and he tears alot and it gets smelly. I use baby wipes in the little folds and under the eyes but are these better?

Please be very careful when ordering from online pharmacies. There is a seal that you should look for when ordering from approved and monitored internet pharmacies. It is call the Veterinary VIPPS seal. This guarantees that you are actually getting what you ordered (not something counterfeited, expired or improperly stored) and that your information is secure.
Most manufacturers of veterinary products will not guarantee their product if you order it from online wholesalers.

Have you asked your vet if they could order some for you?
I am always hesitant to ordering any of those types of products online.

^I always order these wipes online, as well as the Malseb shampoo because the vets around here basically charge double what you can get these products for online. Thus far I have no problems.

i hadn't heard of these. What exactly are they for? I have a shih tzu and he tears alot and it gets smelly. I use baby wipes in the little folds and under the eyes but are these better?

^We used baby wipes at first too, but these wipes are much better. They prevent yeast and bacterial buildup. I would recommend asking your vet about them first, but they are great for our bulldog.

^I always order these wipes online, as well as the Malseb shampoo because the vets around here basically charge double what you can get these products for online. Thus far I have no problems.

Most vets will price match if you ask them too. There have been a lot of lawsuits against various online pharmacies for numerous things -- selling improperly stored medication, selling counterfeit medication, selling subpotent or superpotent medications. Additionally, if anything is wrong with the medication, the manufacturers will not guarantee the quality of the products.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/mar09/090315i.asp

Most vets will price match if you ask them too. There have been a lot of lawsuits against various online pharmacies for numerous things -- selling improperly stored medication, selling counterfeit medication, selling subpotent or superpotent medications. Additionally, if anything is wrong with the medication, the manufacturers will not guarantee the quality of the products.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/mar09/090315i.asp

^ Note that I wrote only that I order Charlie's wipes and shampoo online. I always gets Charlie's meds directly from the vet or a local pharmacy like CVS, as I understand the problems with counterfeit medication. Additionally, I don't mean to be off-putting but it drives me crazy when people push to get things from the vet that aren't medication because I strongly feel that vets overcharge for products and get away with it cause people don't know they can get items online for half the price. Additionally, we have been to three different vets thus far and none of them will pricematch. In fact, when I ask if they can simply call in a prescription for Cephalxin to CVS pharmacy, they balk because they aren't going to reap the benefit of me purchasing the medication directly from them. Last time I basically had to threaten to go to another vet if they didn't call in the prescription. It was about 2/3 of the price at CVS than at the vet. Your experience may be different than mine, but I see no problem in purchasing wipes and shampoo online.

The same issues that exist with ordering medications online also exist for shampoos and wipes, that was my point. Every vet that I have worked with or have known professionally, has pricematched or has called in meds to the local pharmacy. I am sorry that you have not had that type of experience.